Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some ww2 US weapons,they got it right.

Article about: German weapons are cool but the US had some neat ones also.Here is a Winchester Garand,Remington Rand 45 and an Inland m1 carbine.The germans had different producers of weapons too,Mauser,Wa

Thanks!08SMLE I have the 1903A3,Remington all correct and matching parts 1943,it was a good find a few years ago,now for the B.A.R!And a Thompson,does it ever end?When I first got this rifle thought maybe it had been varnished as kind of shiney,but a collector friend said don't touch it,these were periodically gone over with BLO(boiled linseed oil) during their service,finish is correct.So haven't touched it,knowledge can be a good thing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some ww2 US weapons,they got it right.   Some ww2 US weapons,they got it right.  

Some ww2 US weapons,they got it right.   Some ww2 US weapons,they got it right.  

Some ww2 US weapons,they got it right.  

The B.A.R. always gets my attention too.

Bonny and Clyde used BARs stolen from National Guard armories.

A friend, now deceased, carried a BAR in the Philippines. He said they were prone to jamming. About the third time it jammed he said he would ditch it and say it was lost in combat so he could gat a replacement.

My father told me when he went to the Pacific the .45 holster was wrapped in wax paper dated 1918.

Wow that Remington sure oozes quality. Must have been pretty weighty to lug as well as the Garand. Nice to see you have accumulated so many nice examples. Sure grateful I have my 98k I retrieved from father's closet! Hate to pay the money now for an all matching example. Collector interest sure has driven up prices but these items should be treasured for their history alone.

Thanks guys!Yeah even in a crisis these hold their value,in over 35 years of collecting have never seen them go down in price, only up.texas ,love to have the B.A.R. he ditched,be worth a pretty penny today!

Nice examples all around TC. Thanks for showing!

PRE
    ?

I would HATE to have to carry a BAR, but on a bipod there is practically no recoil. There is so much mass in those rifles that the recoil on even full auto is nothing. Their cyclic rate of fire was relatively low, and some models had two different settings/speeds for full auto.

I prefer Brownings other famous pistol to the 1911 but the M1 carbine is a good gun in its class. I have an M2 carbine in my collection which someone has tried to remark M1, possibly to skirt the fact it was a prohibited weapon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2