Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

Default Re: Soviet Infantry weapons collection

hi Johnnie, you are are right about the SKS Some were trialed in the Battle for Berlin. The main difference is they were fitted with a cruiform shaped bayonet, similar to that found on the M44 Carbine.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

Great display, thank you for showing it Can I ask, what is done to these to actually deactivate them? In Australia, if something is deactivated almost the whole thing is welded up and nothing normally moves etc, at least in my state.

Thanks,

Grant

Hi Grant, the deactivation work will vary slightly on the date it was done and on the weapon type. I have touched upon this subject before. But basically:

Bolt face ground off at a 45 degree angle
    Firing pin removed or ground down
    Barrel cut with a milled slot down it and a steel rod welded in place
    Chamber either blocked with the aforementioned steel rod or a steel pin welded in place to prevent a round being put in place.

This only applies to smg's and semi auto rifles: pre 1995 "old spec" rules:they would cock and strip; post this date, "new spec" rules, they have the bolt welded shut.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Marvelous collection ADE, I have equal measures of envy and admiration. I was surprised at the availability and price of a PPSh 41...I don't suppose there are many old spec's around are there? I have a feeling I would incur the wrath of 'she who must be obeyed' if I could hear the satisfying clack of a dry fire and strip one down!

Old spec ones are hard to find, but I suspect some will come onto the market in the near future as people get cold feet in owning them due to a possible change in the Law. Old spec were selling at around £350. Please see the thread here and write to object to this idoicy.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...ated-guns.html

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for the info, protest email sent. I'm appalled that there should be such a consideration in the offing. Surely living history groups would be exempt?

Nick1915
    ?

Hello my name is Nicklaus Campbell and i now own m19/30's Hexhagonal rifle the date printed on it is 1915 by New England Westinghouse Company very new to the whole old war gun thing and i was wondering what this gun is worth Thanks very much.

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum!

Condition is vital. If it is in good order I would estimate between $100 and $150. But a US based collector will be able to advise better.

Cheers, Ade.

Nick1915
    ?

The gun is in very good condition the guy who gave it to me actually shoots the gun every now and then the only thing i dont have is the cleaning rod or a strap. Thanks

?

Some nice kit there chaps, I must say the SVT 40 looks a real bit of a hand full, also its very interesting to see the "En Bloc" clip for the anti tank rifle, which looks very much along the lines of the M1 Garand system.

Nige.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast