Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

Default Re: Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Hi John, bringing this back up. Try here for parts:

PU SVT for SVT-40

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, bringing this back up. Try here for parts:

PU SVT for SVT-40

Cheers, Ade.
    Just some confusing on his post, he says he lacks the sniper notch key which holds the optic in place? If the notch doesn't exist, then the rifle was not a sniper rifle. (notch on the top rear of the rifle). Many (if not the majority in the early years) had the rails on the side to hold the mount, but only true snipers have the notch. Or am I missing something in his response? Numrich and Sarco seem to have a few parts, but things like barrels and magazines are very expensive for real parts.

Also, just an FYI on buying an SVT scope. They continued to make this style well after dropping the SVT and going with the Mosin as the sniper rifle and some SVT scopes were recalibrated to the SVT if I understand correctly during the refurbishment process....I'll post some pics when I get a chance to dig them out....

No, you are correct. Only true sniper SVT 40's have the notch, as shown here for the benefit of those who might not be aware of what we are talking about. Pics are not mine so due credit lies elsewhere. The notch should be factory milled, but "field fix" examples do exist made by hand with a file.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images Soviet Infantry weapons collection 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have been busy this morning adding new updated pics to this thread. A good overcast day here, ideal for taking pics.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks for sharing Adrian. Not trying to be clever, but I would add a Mauser Bolo pistol although not Soviet made but it would be right at home

Thanks for the comment. I do actually have a "red 9" in my collection.

Cheers, Ade.

It is my understanding that the Broomhandles used by the Soviets were chambered in .30 Mauser, which is almost identical to 7.62 x 25 Tokarev, and the two rounds are interchangeable in firearms. I do not believe that the Soviets had, or used any Broomhandle Mausers in 9mm P, as they did not have, nor ever manufactured 9mm P ammo (to the best of my knowledge).

If I am wrong, please correct me, but I read this somewhere, and it certainly makes sense, as .30 Mauser, and 7.62 Toke are basically the same round.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, you are not wrong, but funnly enough I have just bought a new book last week in Germany on the US /Soviet link up in Torgau and on the front cover is a Soviet Officer with a red 9 stuck in his belt.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bruce, you are not wrong, but funnly enough I have just bought a new book last week in Germany on the US /Soviet link up in Torgau and on the front cover is a Soviet Officer with a red 9 stuck in his belt.

Cheers, Ade.
    No doubt the Germans left a few of those behind...

Just for info here is the book cover, super book by the way. German/English text.

The man with the Mauser is Major Anafin Larionov
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast