Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

Default Re: Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Hi Martin, yes, that is conventional on all arsenal refurbished carbines. They standardised on the M44 woodwork.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I just missed one with an original stock without the cut out, but the one I have on the way was very cheap so im happy !

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Martin, yes, that is conventional on all arsenal refurbished carbines. They standardised on the M44 woodwork.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade, quick question, received my carbine today, when you say " arsenal refurbished " what does that actually refer to ? The stock on mine is not the best , but for what i paid i am happy with it, was thinking of improving it a little, do you think thats a good idea? Cheers

Hi Martin, in the 1960's the Red Army did a stock take and realised that they had a enormous amount of surplus WW2 small arms, including captured German weapons. Though now somewhat out dated, it was decided to put them through a rebuilding programme. Everything was stripped down, metal work reblued and the woodwork refinished or completly replaced with new. These were then placed in long term storage, in a former salt mine, ready for WW3. Much of it is still there, now in the Ukraine. The idea being, though old kit, it would have been fine for partizan and irregular forces to use.

The woodwork will most likely display a stamped rebuild mark of a box with a diagonal line through it.

Personally, I would leave it as is. All part of the history.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, thanks for the info

Adrian;

I see that you M-38 carbine has a "slab" trigger. It is my understanding that that was not an original item on any prewar weapon. The slab trigger group was a war time exigency because of the time needed to machine the finished trigger, so to cut down on machining, the slab trigger group was authorized, except on sniper weapons.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, it would most likely have been fitted during the arsenal refurbishment programme that all these weapons went through in the post war era.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bruce, it would most likely have been fitted during the arsenal refurbishment programme that all these weapons went through in the post war era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade;

You are no doubt correct about that. You are lucky to have the correct M-38 stock though. They are getting scarce. The last dozen M-38s I looked at had a 44 stock.

Bruce

Hi Bruce, not so lucky actually. Blow up the pics, and it will reveal a 44 pattern stock with the groove for the bayonet.

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice collection Ade and interesting forum.

I like all Russian and Soviet bayonets and rifles. I'm collecting bayonets.

From the top bayonets:
    AVS 36 Simonov, SVT 38 Tokarev, SVT 40 with edge up - early version, second early version but refurbishedand last one late version with blade edge down.

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast