Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

Default Re: Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Many thanks for that Ade,
    I've added your info to my catalogue. I wonder how many battles it's been involved in. This one was not from WWA, but a cheapo from my local gunsmith, (Newavon arms), some years ago now, I always get a good deal from him.
    Cheers,
    Guy.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Petr, yes a few SKS's were trialed in the Battle for Berlin. These very early versions had spike bayonets like used on the Mosin Nagant.

The PTRS is my favourite too

Cheers, Ade.
    thanks ade , have you or anyone else seen wartime photo with sks , please?
    my mates tell me that it is "urban myth" like german m44 helmet used during battle of berlin. only available photos were too blury and could be easily postwar eastern german (nva) army soldiers in ruins of berlin. cheers.petr

Hi Petr, I have only seen a photo of the rifle itself: never seen one of it in use. One of those things that could be a myth, who knows?

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Forum member Reg has loaned my book on the Mosin Nagant Rifles at the moment. I cannot recall now if this gives any more details about the markings?

This kind of mark can also be found on Chinese Mausers.

Cheers, Ade.[/QUOTE]

Hello Navyman

Ive had a look at the book Ade kindly lent me (The Mosin Nagant rifle, Terrance W Lapin) it goes into detail on Chineese production of the M44 carbine but not its use of the 91/30, and I cant find the butt markings on your rifle in the markings glossary, it looks like it has an interesting story to tell though, if you could post a picture of the breech markings I could probably decipher a little more.

Cheers
    Reg

Hello Reg,
    Thanks for doing this on my behalf, I'll try to get some decent pics this evening.
    Cheers,
    Guy.

Hi Guy and Ade.
    This is my lovely old 1917 mosin, I think a brother in arms with your,s guy. But not branded as deep, he is an old boy with some battle scars but one of my faverate rifles. I would love to find the history of these were they bought by the asian armies from the russians.
    Dave.

Hello Reg,
    I've been trying to get a really clear image of the breech, nearly 60 pics to work on, so now I've rubbed french chalk into the stamps and am begining to get some reasonable results. I should be able to 'Photoshop' them later today and post them to you, but for the present it's time to get some sleep.
    Best regards,
    Guy.

Reg
    ?

Hi guys, interesting these two mosins with the same stock marks are both down in the south west. Thanks for posting the 1917 Mosin Dave, wonder what year Navymans is? Im away from Ades borrowed bible at the minute but I think the trianglular mark on the top right of Daves Ishevesk Mosin is a chineese proof mark! (the arrow in the bow is an early Ishvesk proof stamp) Am looking for a pre 91/30 deact mosin if anyone has one for sale

Also I dont know if you chaps know of this website but its a goldmine of mosin info, 7.62x54r.net

Ill get on later and see if we can figure out the stock marks, im well intregured now! If anyone has any ideas about it please jump in.

Cheers
    Reg

Hello Reg, Ade, Dave, & all,
    I've just managed to get a few reasonable pic's at last, been rushed off my wheels today! The arrowed pic shows the triangular stamp hidden under the rear site, I hadn't noticed it until we started this thread. There's another larger one below the deac stamp. Is that a hammer and sickle I see as well? What's the Z in a part diamond? I've never looked closely at the marks before, as it's a deac it just rests on the wall. As for two chinese Mosins in the S West, could it be a dastardly plot to take control of the 'Takeaway' industry?
    I'll try and get these pics off now,
    All best,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Reg
    ?

Hi Guy

Thanks for posting the pics 1943 is the last year of production of the 91/30 in Russia, they went onto carbines after that. The arrow in the Triangle means it was made at Ishevesk (spelling open to correction) its even more interesting now that a 1917 rifle and a 1943 91/30 ended up with the same butt stamp, the takeaway takeover theory is gaining ground

Will get onto the other marks when I get back to the good book. I think they are just barrel proof marks.

Cheers
    Reg

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast