Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.

Article about: Hi Guys, while the condition is not great, these are hard to find. The seller thought it was German. Ignore the British made mounts. Someone over here in the UK once used it for shooting. Th

Default Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.

Hi Guys, while the condition is not great, these are hard to find.

The seller thought it was German.

Ignore the British made mounts. Someone over here in the UK once used it for shooting. The optics are nice and clear.

Originally used on the M91/30 Mosin rifle. Fitted to the receiver one of two ways: It could be side mounted or top mounted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.   Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.  

Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.   Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice to see an original Soviet scope Adrian. You would have thought the seller might have had a clue from the hammer and sickle marking!

Steve

Steve you are right!

I showed it to someone and he only saw the markings to the mounts too until I pointed out the markings on the scope proper.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This scope now resides in my collection. I bid for it while away on holiday in Egypt and was surprised to find I won it for £120.

I will pick it up from work on Tuesday and then remove the Brit mounts and give it a gentle clean.

The story from the vendor is his father took it as a trophy from a German sniper he had killed. Hence he thought it was German. The Son used it postwar on his rifle here in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Great buy....Congratulations, Ray

Thanks Ray.

I have now lightly cleaned the scope and removed the Brit mounts. Much better now.

Been reading up on the "Progress" factory where this one was made. It was set up with help from Carl Zeiss in 1936.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.   Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.  

?

Hi
    i have similar scope, but mounts are fixed. I dont know which rifle scope was mounted on, it is not for Mosin Nagant because this one is central mount.
    There is no hammer and sickle on mine.

Do you have any information about your scope and for what rifle was it used?

Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.Soviet PEM telescopic sight, 1938.