Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet SMG identification

Article about: afternoon all ,i was browsing through a ww2 book i have and noticed this referance picture of two soviet soldiers ,the book states they are using PPSH 41's ,surely this cant be right or is i

Default Soviet SMG identification

afternoon all ,i was browsing through a ww2 book i have and noticed this referance picture of two soviet soldiers ,the book states they are using PPSH 41's ,surely this cant be right or is it a variation of the design, thanks james Soviet SMG identificationSoviet SMG identification

?

Default Re: soviet gun identification

PPD-40

Some info here:

Modern Firearms - PPD-40
    Regards,
    John

Well there's something you dont everyday James,the barrell and mag looks correct but as for the rest I havn't a clue unless these are early pro-types,period pictures dont lie so they are deffo real enough,cant wait for someone to clarify...............Jake.

Ok learn something new everyday on hereI guess the fame associated with the PPSH41 makes us forget the prewar early types,thanks for putting me straight............

many thanks john for clearing that up your a gent ,and thanks for the superb link too ,ive learned something new today ,james

?

Quote by col james View Post
    many thanks john for clearing that up your a gent ,and thanks for the superb link too ,ive learned something new today ,james
    You are most welcome James, happy to have been of some help. I agree, that is a excellent website, and has been a favorite small arms site of mine for quite some time.

Yesterday I had the very rare pleasure of getting to play with one of only a couple of PPD40's in the UK, care of the British Army. It is in full working order.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet SMG identification  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The PPD can be seen again here on the left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet SMG identification  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yep PPD 40. I stupidly passed one up for $3K 12 years ago because of a $200 difference in what I was offering. Dumb, dumb,dumb!!!!

Ouch! Certainly a sad tale of one that got away!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast