Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Soviet SMG identification

Article about: afternoon all ,i was browsing through a ww2 book i have and noticed this referance picture of two soviet soldiers ,the book states they are using PPSH 41's ,surely this cant be right or is i

?

Those photos of you holding the PPD Adrian is that in Warminster by any chance??. Cheers Terry.

Yes, Terry, the LWC as it is known nowadays. The School of Infantry as it was known back in the day.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well I will be darn.. I have only been to the collection once but I thought I remembered those blue doors!!!..& that was in 90s....I remember the tailor shop was close by & I was on a course,popped in & got talking & the lady there. She gave me 1 badge of nearly all the British Army..I must of came out there with over a 100 badges for free..lol. Anyway back to the SMG.. Cheers Terry.

many thanks adrian ,you look very smart by the way thats a real nice grouping of soviet smg's can i ask does the ppd40 drum round fit the ppsh 41 it looks very similar ,thanks james

Hi James, thanks. All the kit is original.

The drum is very simliar in looks, but it is not the same. It has a small extension, which is not on the PPSh41 mag, which goes into the reciever. Same round of course.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

the kit is original ,amazing adrian ,its also great to see your red star displayed on your tunic thanks for the info on the ammo drum ,im also liking the look of the ppsh 41 with the standard magazine cheers james

The PPSh41 with the drum mag was '41 dated and had the hard to find early adjustable sight. The other with the 35 round stick was actually a Chinese Type 50. We had it out just to illustrate the two different feed systems.

Here is a somewhat lousy pic I took of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet SMG identification  

?

One of my biggest regrets. Sad and dumb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2