Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish civil war gew 98

Article about: We all have an item in our collection that we say ,"If it could only talk" well here is one of mine. A Spanish Civil War Gew98. :"A WELL TRAVELED RIFLE":. Started off as

Default Spanish civil war gew 98

We all have an item in our collection that we say ,"If it could only talk" well here is one of mine. A Spanish Civil War Gew98. :"A WELL TRAVELED RIFLE":. Started off as a WWI German Issued GEW 98 in 7.92X57mm (8mm Mauser). Served with Weimar Republic Early Nazi period and rework by MAUSER in 1935 and marked S/42G. Then sold or given to Spain for the SCW Nationalist Forces Under Franco, re-chambered and barrel relined to 7mm Mauser the standard cartridge of Spain. Issued to Franco's Spanish Navy in the SCW.. The Bolt is Czech and renumbered along with the barrel and receiver by the Spanish to match Stock is marked for 7mm Mauser Use. The stock is Spanish made in the Spanish Mauser 93 style...BILL.....Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98Spanish civil war gew 98
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Really nice example.

I had a deactivated straight-bolt Mauser that was produced in Spain and marked LaCoruna 1953...They must have used Mausers for quite a while!
    cheers, Glenn

Years ago, I had a Spanish M43 Mauser-basically, a German 98K that was made in La Coruna Spain. It kicked like a mule, but was a great 8mm shooter. The Spanish under Franco made some excellent Mausers.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."