Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanish 'RUBY' Pistol French Army Contract

Article about: Enjoy this French Army Spanish 'Ruby' pistol cal 7.65mm/.32Auto.. Notice safe and fire in French... This one called 'IDEAL' Manufacture code A.G... Here is a list of the Codes for 'Ruby' Typ

Default Re: Spanish 'RUBY' Pistol French Army Contract

Thank you both, gentlemen...Thanos.

?

I was given my Grandfathers footlocker this week. Just so happens this was in there. It's an "AG" aka IDEAL

Last edited by ww1917; 08-29-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Outstanding Ruby, WW1917...
    The personalised holster with rank insignia is one of a kind...Can you give us any history behind your grandpa's pistol? Do the cart. appearing are the right ones? They look like .32 Shorts (revolver).
    Thanks for sharing, regards, Thanos.

?

Here's a top view of the ammo (lead) compared to a modern case (copper).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALSO, Clip looks to have a "FN" stamp on it.
    Last edited by ww1917; 08-29-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Quote by ww1917 View Post
    Here's a top view of the ammo (lead) compared to a modern case (copper).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALSO, Clip looks to have a "FN" stamp on it.
    Just as i thought, ww1917...The 3 cart. that appear with the holstered weapon are .32 Shorts, intended only for a .32 cal. revolver and can't feed-operate in your grandad's pistol. Only the left cart. in the new photo, is the 7.65mm/.32 ACP; for your pistol.
    As for the mag, it's a replacement mag, made for 7.65mm FNs, still operable in your pistol. The genuine mag for your Ruby, should be exact like the FN mag, only with the two letters appearing in the pistol (or without), stamped someplace in the body of it.
    Thanks for the posted photos, you have a marvellous weapon...
    Best regards, Thanos.

ares338
    ?

I'm glad I came across your thread about the "Ruby". I bought what I thought was a 32 cal. pistol from a friend and put it away and forgot about it for about 10 years. I knew it was a old semi-automatic pistol but that's about it. I have since renewed my interest in firearms and took another look at this piece. I did some research and found that this was indeed a French Contract pistol. On he left side of the slide is stamped "PISTOL AUTOMATIC CAL 7.65". Actually there was a line under the 65 but I couldn't figure out how to make my computer do that. On the right side of the frame behind the trigger is stamped "SPAIN".On the right side of the frame above and to the right of SPAIN are stamped the numbers "8864". on the barrel after removal is the numbers "47." This is also stamped several times on the frame under the grips. Finally, on the bottom of the magazine are stamped the numbers " 2381 " with the initials GB circled. I am going to take it to a gunsmith to see if it is safe to fire or just a wall hanger.

jwr
    ?

hi i am looking for parts and manual for this gun it was given to me in non working condition can anyone help

?

Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    Outstanding Ruby, WW1917...
    The personalised holster with rank insignia is one of a kind...Can you give us any history behind your grandpa's pistol? Do the cart. appearing are the right ones? They look like .32 Shorts (revolver).
    Thanks for sharing, regards, Thanos.

Well it's been 2 yrs. since we discussed this topic but I just want to put a close on the RUBY in my Grandfathers footlocker. Over the weekend my Grandmother handed me documents and inside was my Great Grandfathers Honorable Discharge paper. I am certain that the RUBY came back in 1919 of April and had been hanging around since.

Discharge Paper;

Here's the FootLocker it was in; Warren Dale (Grandfather), Willie Dale (discharge doc.) his Dad of course.

Last edited by ww1917; 08-12-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Thank you for the feedback for your grandfather. It's highly interesting and informative. Be proud of your family's history. Best regards, Thanos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2