Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Springfield 03-A3 with Box

Article about: Beautiful rifle!! Thanks for sharing it with is!!

?

Beautiful rifle!! Thanks for sharing it with is!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Beautiful rifle!! Thanks for sharing it with is!!
    Thanks. One of my little "prizes".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice 03A3, mate! That rifle looks all original too with a proper Remington safety lever with the weep hole . Early "pinned" not bolted stock as well. I have one somewhat similar from September, 1943, though mine was arsenal reworked with a Springfield safety and it has a beautiful bore and is an excellent shooter too. Your serial number and barrel date correlate well with known production dates and serial numbers as documented here: Vi Shooter's M1903 Page

Just an excellent looking rifle with DCM provenance and original shipping box to boot! One question though. Does the stock have an R.A. stamped on the left side below the cutoff? I don't see it in the pics you posted and this was pretty typical as I understand for Remington stocks, as they apparently wanted to distinguish theirs from Smith-Corona. Also, is their a "P" proofmark on the grip below the trigger guard?

Springfield 03-A3 with Box

MAP
    ?

Doc

Great link. Never seen that page before.

Yes, the rifle looks original to me but I haven't really taken it down to verify all the parts given the untouched shape. Bore is mint as well. As noted earlier, I don't even like toggling the bolt given the shape it's in. :-(

Your correct on the pinned stock and safety. Also, as you note, there is no RA on the stock. Will check for the "p" cartouche when I return in the next few days.

Nice rifle you have as well. At least you get to shoot yours!!

Regards

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

great looking Rifle and the shipping box and paperwork to go with it.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

MAP
    ?

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    great looking Rifle and the shipping box and paperwork to go with it.

John
    John,

Thanks! I've only seen one other with the paperwork [U]and[U] the box. I think most people threw the box away, bought a case and went out shooting. This guy, bought the gun and put it in a closet for 50 years! The box and papers add a nice premium!

Regards,

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Doc

Also, as you note, there is no RA on the stock. Will check for the "p" cartouche when I return in the next few days.
    I just ran across a thread elsewhere and apparently Remington did not mark the stocks with RA for their first six months of production, so it makes sense that yours isn't so marked.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DocCasualty View Post
    I just ran across a thread elsewhere and apparently Remington did not mark the stocks with RA for their first six months of production, so it makes sense that yours isn't so marked.
    That seems to make sense given the 43 date. Thanks for all the data!

Michael

A beautiful rifle, and complete packaging? Stunning.

MAP
    ?

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    A beautiful rifle, and complete packaging? Stunning.
    Thanks! You rarely see the paper work and even more uncommon (if ever) see with the shipping box.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2