Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Markings

Article about: Hi guys, I have been trawling through the sites looking for the bargains (like we do! ) and I notice weapons with SS markings in triangles. Now with belt buckles they never did this and some

Default Re: SS Markings

This is from one site, asking £3500, the other site with another SS marked K98 stops you saving pics, I will try and find the MP40 later
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Markings   SS Markings  

SS Markings  
    Ben

Hi Ben, yes, this is the usual fantasy marking.

Cheers, Ade.

Ben

They're nearly as bad as the OLT markings on Tony Oliver's SS buckles

But then they were never made to deceive........... not at the time anyway

Another decent rig ruined

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    This is from one site, asking £3500, the other site with another SS marked K98 stops you saving pics, I will try and find the MP40 later
    If you have a LCD monitor,set your digital camera on macro and take a picture of the screen,the pics come out very good for me.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by JMB View Post

They're nearly as bad as the OLT markings on Tony Oliver's SS buckles

Hey John, aint that a fact
    Ben

evan9201
    ?

my friend Tim has a Russian capture BNZ SS K98. it has a single rune on the floor plate and the SS depot number on the side of the receiver and the rifle still shoots great after all these years. i have heard of RC mausers coming into the us with the deaths head plus all the SS runes.

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Hi Ben
    This is the only genuine ( I think) picture of an SS marking I have on a weapon. Deaths head + runes. Real examples with the Totenkopf are very rare, this was probably assigned to a camp guard. Not the sort of thing you would want to be caught with
    JMB ; That is likely one of the lowest quality type fake tote head stamp found fraudulently applied to german WW2 arms I have encountered - especially where it has been applied on that P08.

?

Quote by evan9201 View Post
    my friend Tim has a Russian capture BNZ SS K98. it has a single rune on the floor plate and the SS depot number on the side of the receiver and the rifle still shoots great after all these years. i have heard of RC mausers coming into the us with the deaths head plus all the SS runes.
    Beign a russki capture & rework the floorplate is sure not to be factory original from the rifle. The single rune on parts like that does not indicate SS. Where do you get "SS depot number" on the side of the receiver...that's a new take on such things to me .

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Hi Ben
    I don't think any of us know for sure what markings were put on what pieces, and when. Because the "cowboys" tried to make a few quid in the early days, no one believes anything any more. I would definitely never say never, more air on the side of caution "caveat Emptor"

Would this K98 be with a certain UK dealer by any chance?
    JMB ; I have to disagree in that with regards to rifles there is a set of identifiable patterns of what markings , types and when that the SS zentral zeugamt applied to salvaged 98's. Also at what point new made rifles got zzA2 , zzA4 ,and single rune markings after they discontinued the totehead and commercial proofing of salvaged rifles.

Quote by gew98 View Post
    JMB ; That is likely one of the lowest quality type fake tote head stamp found fraudulently applied to german WW2 arms I have encountered - especially where it has been applied on that P08.
    Appreciate the input, but on this instance, i must disagree, although I would usually agree with you, the skull looks very amateur, but i know the history of this weapon, 100% I know who owns it where it came from, and more importantly who owned it. the "most probably owned by a camp guard" is a most definite. I have also seen stuff engraved, stamped and scratched on objects, that you would shake your head at and say "no way" But we don't know for sure, and never will

Merry Christmas oh, its gone, well Happy New Year!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast