Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Markings

Article about: Hi guys, I have been trawling through the sites looking for the bargains (like we do! ) and I notice weapons with SS markings in triangles. Now with belt buckles they never did this and some

?

Default Re: SS Markings

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    This is from one site, asking £3500, the other site with another SS marked K98 stops you saving pics, I will try and find the MP40 later
    In the browser, left abowe corner- File- Save as, then go the saved folder and take the pictures, or if the man would not that the pictures will be saved and shared in other places, just give a link
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi.
    I personally own a SS Mauser 98k witch you can find in the bottom of this link:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea.../3431-k98.html
    There are 2 skulls. Together with one of the skulls is also this marking ∞

?

Quote by JMB View Post
    Appreciate the input, but on this instance, i must disagree, although I would usually agree with you, the skull looks very amateur, but i know the history of this weapon, 100% I know who owns it where it came from, and more importantly who owned it. the "most probably owned by a camp guard" is a most definite. I have also seen stuff engraved, stamped and scratched on objects, that you would shake your head at and say "no way" But we don't know for sure, and never will

Merry Christmas oh, its gone, well Happy New Year!
    JMB ; I will have to respectfully disagree. The totehead applied to small arms by the SS zentral zeugamt had little to nothing to do with other than that of salvaged weapons rebuilt/repaired by them. As for a such a marking in any way original due to a 'camp' guard...that alone would not prove anything as the proof was not specifically there excepting for the purposes of the ZZ and not the camps.
    I have had "vet" items brought to me that were fake...how they got that way or were switched out or enhanced is usually the "we will never know" clause. But buying the story and not the weapon is walking down a primrose path. Fake SS marked weapons and the like started in the early 1950's in europe... it's now more than just a cottage industry , but thankfully still it's generally ametuerish and more often than not, not inline with what is known.

evan9201
    ?

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Beign a russki capture & rework the floorplate is sure not to be factory original from the rifle. The single rune on parts like that does not indicate SS. Where do you get "SS depot number" on the side of the receiver...that's a new take on such things to me .
    Well I'm not a K98 expert(I'm more of a lee-enfield guy).On the left of the receiver it has the double SS rune then a bunch of numbers which according to my Friend meant the SS depot number. It looked something like this http://www.empirearms.com/5190a.jpg .

Quote by gew98 View Post
    I have had "vet" items brought to me that were fake... Fake SS marked weapons and the like started in the early 1950's in europe...
    100% agree with you on that one, always buy the item, not the story, i think some of these guys got a little confused along the line somewhere, i always treat everything to do with the SS as fake, until proven otherwise, personally i don't collect the stuff, and have very few items on my site, those i have are, imo right, although there'll always be someone with a different opinion can't win 'em all

Well guys I stumbled across the site that was selling the "SS" marked matching numbered MP40, how do these dealers sleep at night (probably quite well as some dont care ) he actually sold it as well!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Markings  SS Markings 
    Ben

?

NIce MP, but unfortunately with bad markings
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Ben, it really annoys me seeing a good item ruined like that.

Cheers, Ade.

Is that also a fake eagle? It looks like it?
    Ben

Hi Ben, yes that is dodgy too.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3