Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS scopes

Article about: scopes that I wanted to buy .. is there an expert to determine whether it is fake? Thank you Michal

?

Default SS scopes

scopes that I wanted to buy .. is there an expert to determine whether it is fake? Thank you Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS scopes   SS scopes  

SS scopes   SS scopes  

SS scopes   SS scopes  

SS scopes  

Default Re: SS scopes

What makes you think it has anything to do with the SS?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

SS used it I got it in the book of the K98

Hi Machal,

The mounts on this scope will not fit a k98 or for that matter a k43. The overall condition is far to good for a period scope. Germany had several makers of scopes such as Zeiss, Voigtlander, Dyaltin, ZF etc. and all were made in 4x, 6x or rarely 1.5x or 2.5x. All of which were of fixed power.

The one you show is a zoom scope of variable power, no country in ww2 used these. Therefore i would suggest someones trying to pull a fast one, so save your money old pal.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Machal,

The mounts on this scope will not fit a k98 or for that matter a k43. The overall condition is far to good for a period scope. Germany had several makers of scopes such as Zeiss, Voigtlander, Dyaltin, ZF etc. and all were made in 4x, 6x or rarely 1.5x or 2.5x. All of which were of fixed power.

The one you show is a zoom scope of variable power, no country in ww2 used these. Therefore i would suggest someones trying to pull a fast one, so save your money old pal.

Regards, Ned.
    Hello ,
    This is not my area,but Mauser Military Rifles of the World 4th edition by Robert W D Ball page 202 "right side view of a Kar 98k carbine , showing the action and a high claw mounted sniper scope.( Robert Jensen collection)
    This looks to mirror the setup shown by Machal.

I can not comment on the scope and mounts shown by Machal as to their authenticity,but they are very similar to the setup in the Jensen collection.
    Cheers,
    Jason

?

Thank you for the reply .. mat in the book of the group applying to the Waffen SS,,,, but I am interested in whether it is original...

Quote by machal View Post
    Thank you for the reply .. mat in the book of the group applying to the Waffen SS,,,, but I am interested in whether it is original...
    You might want to post your pics on Gunboards
    The K98 Mauser Forum

SINGLE CLAW
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    What makes you think it has anything to do with the SS?

Regards, Ned.
    Big Ned , Machal is Correct about this Scope it was for an SS Sniper Rifle . Actually were SS Specific , But this Scope and Rings were also used by Czechs Post War . Would need to know if the Scope has a Gewehr# in between Rear Ring and Elevation Adjustment in Middle of Scope . But also these Rings were reproduced not long ago also for Reproduction Sniper Rifle Builds . I would be Very cautious if I was going to Buy It . It looks to me as if it may have been reblued . Best Regards Dave Roberts