Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ss stamped k98 rifle

Article about: Hi, the barrell has a different number on it also shouldn't a 1940 rifle have a cleaning rod and bayonet attachment? Mine hasn't. I know towards the end of the war they were made without the

Default Re: ss stamped k98 rifle

Hi, the barrell has a different number on it also shouldn't a 1940 rifle have a cleaning rod and bayonet attachment? Mine hasn't. I know towards the end of the war they were made without these, kreigssmodel or something similar. Sorry if I'm wrong this is my first k98 so I'm not too clued up!!

Hello, interesting, but far from an original SS gewehr. Do you have the marking from the SS depot? Totenkopfs? And the RZM on the wood...I saw 3 in Alsace, not like this one.

Hi I've scanned this page from the Collector Grade book Backbone of the German Army, about the K98, I hope it helps,
    Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss stamped k98 rifle  

The rzm stamp is under the ss runes stamp. Also thanks for the book scan

Hello, the scan is correct with the SS depot 2 : SSZZAA2, SS Zentral Zeugamt A2.

What does that mean? sorry!

Sorry, it is the SS Central Ordonnance Depot A2
    Flipkart.com: German Sniper: Peter R. Senich: Books Buy German Snipers in India
    Cheers

Its got 4331 and the letter n stamped on the bolt if this is of any significance??

Here is some more info on your rifle.

Andy, alot of the small arms that the Russians captured and rearsenaled did become parts guns. Some of those guns literally were put together with parts from five or six other guns. Same with the P-38's. Naturally that is going to lower the value of the gun. It's just my humble opinion that most collectors think all Russian captures are parts guns, which is not true. Personally, I love the darn things, and the history behind them. If you are collecting to buy all virgin matching guns, the Russian captures probably aren't the way to go, but if you are going for the history aspect, they are a wonderful piece of history. I have seen photographs of Russian soldiers standing next to four or five thousand K98's lying on the ground. The soldiers were inspecting them to get as many in working condition as they could. Interestingly enough, thousands of the marked Russian captured K98's showed up in the hands of North Korean, North Vietnamese, and Viet Cong soldiers hands, so the K98 was unfortunately killing American soldiers well past 1945.

Jay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast