Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS stamped MG42

Article about: Hi Would an MG-42, have SS stamps on it ?

Default SS stamped MG42

Hi

Would an MG-42, have SS stamps on it ?

?

Default Re: SS stamped MG42

its my understanding that an SS mark in a diamond like that, is not an authentic marking. it is seen on a number of fakes like SS officers belt buckles.
    andrew

Cheers Andrew, i was not very confident to be honest myself but i thought i would ask the question. It turns a £1500 MG-42 into a £2500 MG-42 haha

The SS did not have triangular stampings like this, its the same as the buckles, someone here in my eyes has just ruined a nice MG42 by trying to squeeze a bit more money out of it, such a shame !
    Ben

Yeah Ben, i was pretty certain it was bogus, but wasn't 100% on how they stamped their waffen

Its on Gunstar if you fancy a look

Interesting, does anyone have an approximate time period when these markings were being added?

Pit.

The bogus markings have been added since the 1990's.

Many a good item has been ruined with these.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The whole SS runes in a diamond marking started in the 1970's with Tony Olivers fake SS belt buckles. Since then other stupid fakers have copied this marking thinking it was real. DOH!

I can tell you one horror story: a mate of mine was at a show and bought an original HJ dagger. He left in with another friend to look after: when he came back his "friend" had stampted it up on the pommel with one of the bonus die stamps to increase it in value for him.....
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!