Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sten Gun Mk1*

Article about: This is a hand built replica of the second version of the Mk1 Sten gun, this was the first attempt to simplify the production time, and reduce costs. The total Mk1 production was undertaken

?

Default Re: Sten Gun Mk1*

Ive mentioned on a previous thread , that my old Cadet Force premises was the original design location for the sten gun, this was a small brick type building similar to an overground shelter.Its a real shame that i didntb know you guys 20yrs ago as amongst various old papers and bits of metal there were technical drawings and measurements of the first built sten guns,the building has since been pulled down but the cadet unit is still on site, ill try to see if anything was saved but it might take some time as the new officers dont like people just turning up even though i was one of their instructors,you never know your luck.

Thats a superb sten you have fabricated the detail is amazing, the problem is yours is probably of a better quality than the real deal!
    im a great fan of these open bolt weapons, such a simple but relitively speaking cheap design that filled the void, smashing job,
    do you have any pics of the relic found sten in full, would like to see it as relics are my thing, a relic sten would be a nice addition in my collection

?

Quote by gibba1008 View Post
    Thats a superb sten you have fabricated the detail is amazing, the problem is yours is probably of a better quality than the real deal!
    im a great fan of these open bolt weapons, such a simple but relitively speaking cheap design that filled the void, smashing job,
    do you have any pics of the relic found sten in full, would like to see it as relics are my thing, a relic sten would be a nice addition in my collection
    The pics posted are all I have unfortunately.

What former usaaf base do you farm on ? I might know it.

Thanks for the compliment.

Mick

bplvr
    ?

I recently received a parts kit with what I think is an MK 1 trigger housing. It is fully wrapped around 2 internal flat pieces to form the housing.
    Where the stock would slide up into the housing ,there is a slotted recess cut in the extreme rear of the housing.
    As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll send them along. Sincerely, bplvr in San Diego ,Ca. { the avatar is my MK2/MK3 cross breed carbine}

Heres a photo of my mk1 for comparison

yea theres one one ebay a relic dug up one it was 152 .00 last time i look at it,

Quote by sniperjohn View Post
    yea theres one one ebay a relic dug up one it was 152 .00 last time i look at it,
    Do you have a link?

Thanks

Danny

hey danny look in the USA ebay and pounch relic and scroll down the list you will see it

No longer listed from what I can see?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Can it be divulged why this Mick character was banned?
    I see his STEN site is still up.
    It there is no info to be had either because it doesnt matter or he got banned for a now forgotten infraction, I fully understand.
    Just seems like a very interesting project, that could have been fun to follow via the forum.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast