Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sten MKII

Article about: It's hard to tell, but no more dects for me, not any more gents. This sten has broke my hart. I'm done. I better collect modern tram tickets. At list one can have fun with numbers on them.

?

Default re: Sten MKII

It's hard to tell, but no more dects for me, not any more gents. This sten has broke my hart. I'm done. I better collect modern tram tickets. At list one can have fun with numbers on them.

?

i cant see why its going to rust into pieces just because you cant strip it right down, if its lightly oiled and kept inside (cupboard etc) it wont go rusty in your lifetime.

just enjoy it! £600 is a lot for a sten, i take it that because its the older spec you can strip it more than the post 95 ones but i cant see it being worth double?

if your not happy with her sell it on and buy something else? , you can buy 3 Soviet weapons for £600 nowadays

Hi,
    As i see it you still have a good collectable Sten there with our laws in this country it is in good nick, you will never buy any deac here that you could ever strip completely. All are welded to the hilt, thats what we have to put up with if we want them. As danny says keep it nicely oiled and it will never rust up, i have all my weapons in my war room and keep them all in good condition and they are fine. Or as said sell it off and put the money on other collectables, you would
    probably find a buyer on this forum.
    dave.

?

Good Advice!! Enjoy it for what it is or sell and Buy somthing else!!!
    Heres mine

Hi lew,
    Very nice i think if you are collecting ww2 weapons this has to be in there, it was so cheap to make and help countless
    allies during the war. thtank for showing it.
    dave,

Hi,
    this is a very old one now i made many years ago as a wall hanger until i could buy a good one, it,s a bit knocked about now, but still looks good.
    dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten MKII   Sten MKII  

?

)Nice one Dave. Keep them coming Folks!!!! You can never see enough Stens

Ph3s - as a deactivated weapon, it is only good for display. I cannot see why it matters
    if you cannot 'field strip' it for cleaning, which is really not necessary anymore IMO,
    unless you had planned on re-activating it ( ! ? ). You will be dead and gone
    a long, long time before rust will have any effect on the barrel..........

I've owned this dewat for several years now. The only thing I added
    was a sling. I have never had to put oil on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten MKII  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 02-18-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Added text and pic.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Don't get me wrong please, gents. But this sten goes to a museum of my friend. Next time I drive back, I'll take it with me and donate it . I already dropped him a line. Just found couple of pictures. I think it's belong there and hopefully the restorers can make it look nice for display.

As for me, I will get a firearm license next year and will definitely buy myself a No.4. Now I'm looking for an aperture backsight . It will cheer me out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten MKII   Sten MKII  

Sten MKII  

You mean they don't have a Sten already ? They seem
    to have everything else.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast