Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sten MkII

Article about: Hi Guys, here is my Sten MkII. This is an old spec deactivation and will cock and field strip. I have also shown it in another guise with pistol grip and silencer. Aslo shown are magazine lo

Every year there's more collectors and a finite amount of stuff out there-even the supply of mass produced items eventually runs out after 70 years or so...

?

Going to hijack your thread a bit, because I don't think it's worth a new thread to ask a simple question.

I just picked one out, it's barrel and barrel shroud have a purple/plum finish on them. Can anyone provide any info on that particular finish?
    The rest of it is the usual, abeit worn black finish. Doesn't look refurbished.

Doesn't sound like a factory finish, maybe someone has been re-touching it up?

?

Perhaps faded blueing?

Dean O

?

Doesn't look faded. The rest of it is fine.

Looks like the plum blueing on this PPK: Walther PPK 1944 'Plum" Color

?

The plum colour is just a chemical reaction.Some guns will do this others wont.Some collectors like it others dont.Ive seen Webley airpistols do this quite often.Personally I like it

ZB LMGs tend to have purple blueing, they didn't start that way but it does help to prove if it's an original finish.

Some of the Ex Finnish Stens have gone a purple colour whilst some are a glossy deep blue. I'm pretty sure though that the gun in question isn't British or it has had a Re-finish.

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    ZB LMGs tend to have purple blueing, they didn't start that way but it does help to prove if it's an original finish.

Some of the Ex Finnish Stens have gone a purple colour whilst some are a glossy deep blue. I'm pretty sure though that the gun in question isn't British or it has had a Re-finish.
    My Waffen stamped ZB26 has some purple, but also a brown/gold bluing on internal parts.
    I started a discussion about this on another board (a year or two ago) - I think, the now defunct MG42 forum, and a few great pics were posted. It is a common trait for ZB26's -

PS - great looking Sten set-up by the OP -
    Last edited by pitfighter; 06-30-2014 at 06:51 PM.

One of my ZB39s has the same purple blue and the brownish internals, a lot of the surviving ZGB33s have also gone a nice purple colour, they would finish off my plumb bathroom quite nicely if it wasn't for the fact I hate plumb bathroom suites!

je recherche un pistolet 6.35 propre état cordial

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3