MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)

Article about: Hi fellas, I'd like to share with your a very nice piece in my collection, it's my MG42. This was produced in one of the final batches in 1944, making it a very late war MG42. Another thing

Default Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)

Hi fellas,
    I'd like to share with your a very nice piece in my collection, it's my MG42. This was produced in one of the final batches in 1944, making it a very late war MG42.

Another thing to note, is its Dual Tone appearance, few parts are blued, and some left bare metal, this was to save manufacturing time and churn more out, only needing to blue less parts. It also has the flip up sight, original marked butt stock, all parts are original by the way!

On the bare metal parts there is a beautiful patina, and the condition is excellent, haven't spotted any rust!

But the best part is cocking and dry firing it, having it shudder into your shoulder, I love it!

Enjoy......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)   Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)  

Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)   Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)  

Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)   Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)  

Steyr Late Dual Tone MG42 (DEACTIVATED)  

Just need to get the accessories now, got 2 belts coming, or at least that what the guy said..... 2 months ago haha, luckily I don't have to pay til they arrive so my money's safe. Hope everyone like the gun

Lots of Waffenamts as well!!!

Fantastic example of an Mg42 in great original condition. Me thinks the finest Mg of WW2 and very arguably one of the best ever designed. Ever more impressive if you consider that Grossfuss had not made any small arms before, and the designer Dr Werner Grunner had no experience of machineguns either.
    I wonderful 42 you have for yourself!

Jonathan.

Quote by severin View Post
    Fantastic example of an Mg42 in great original condition. Me thinks the finest Mg of WW2 and very arguably one of the best ever designed. Ever more impressive if you consider that Grossfuss had not made any small arms before, and the designer Dr Werner Grunner had no experience of machineguns either.
    I wonderful 42 you have for yourself!

Jonathan.
    Cheers Sev, really glad you like it, and yes, by far the greatest design of an MG ever when compared with the time it was made, only rivaled by the .30 cal!
    Many modern machine guns have been modeled or have used the MG42 for reference, such as our GPMG!!
    Very happy to be the owner of one

great MG.

Glad you like it Harry!
    It's an awesome bit of kit!

Cheers for the nice comments both of you
    Just posting up items of my collection so others can have a look and enjoy them like I do

Any markings/stamps on the bolt or bipod head?

Jonathan.

I'll have a look now mate, I'll let you know later!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast