Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Stg 44 relic

Article about: Here we go ladies and gents. i just got this STG 44 for next to nothing. I will clean this rifle up and put it on my wall. Will post new pictures with the entire cleaning and restauration pr

Oh my god.... Big Ned's giving out free recipes to everyone on how to make Chlorine gas!

Love these threads always nice to see some relics cleaned up, although others are best left alone, those with mega bucks normally but one pristine or what someone else has cleaned up.

Great thread, now I'm waiting for final result

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Oh my god.... Big Ned's giving out free recipes to everyone on how to make Chlorine gas!
    May be so H, but the Emperor Mong is strong in some people, so better safe than sorry eh?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    May be so H, but the Emperor Mong is strong in some people, so better safe than sorry eh?
    It might have been better just to mention that vinegar and bleach mixed together, give off toxic fumes. We live in dangerous times, and there is no point in giving out the names of the ingredients for making Chlorine gas. It certainly IS better to be safe than sorry! My response may appear way OTT, but I guess I still have that anti-terrorist training thing lurking in the back of my head.

All this aside, that is an excellent piece of restoration in progress on that gun!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    It might have been better just to mention that vinegar and bleach mixed together, give off toxic fumes. We live in dangerous times, and there is no point in giving out the names of the ingredients for making Chlorine gas. It certainly IS better to be safe than sorry! My response may appear way OTT, but I guess I still have that anti-terrorist training thing lurking in the back of my head.
    I'll bear that in mind and keep quiet about the bag muck and diesel then, don't want to upset you even more than I already have.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Great Start on this relic. Keep us posted.
    Thanks,

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

You are doing a great job cleaning it . Curious to see the final result.
    Are you going to get a wooden stock for it? That would really finish it off.

Yes, of course.

It's slowly coming back to life
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stg 44 relic  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast