Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SUIT L2A1 Sight

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents..I was wondering if anybody could help me with the value of this sight..?The sight has a pouch & dated 1973..Thanks for your time Cheers Terry.

?

Default SUIT L2A1 Sight

Hello Ladies & Gents..I was wondering if anybody could help me with the value of this sight..?The sight has a pouch & dated 1973..Thanks for your time Cheers Terry.SUIT L2A1 Sight

Default Re: SUIT L2A1 Sight

Very nice item Terry, these sites are pretty pricey. They cheapest I found when looking for one a few years ago cost £300 from a private seller, I even found ones as much as £500 from some deactivated weapons dealers.... so they must be rather sought after

Thanks and hopefully this is helpful

Danny

?

Cheers Dan I had a look on line & couldn't find an answer....So that has helped very much so. I'm looking at selling it so I was making sure I get a fair price & who ever buys it doesn't get ripped off... Thanks very much Terry.

I bought one at Beltring a few years ago for £300, but when I got it home it was useless on my SLR as it could not keep point of aim. It just would not shoot in the same place twice so I returned it the following year to the same dealer and got my money back. I am still looking for a good one to use on my gun.
    D.

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I bought one at Beltring a few years ago for £300, but when I got it home it was useless on my SLR as it could not keep point of aim. It just would not shoot in the same place twice so I returned it the following year to the same dealer and got my money back. I am still looking for a good one to use on my gun.
    D.
    Funnily enough, when training for my second tour in Northern Ireland in 1974, many of us had the same problem after a few rounds. In the end I was glad I didn't get issued with one. Most of us just had a replacement foresight blade which you twisted through 90 degrees to use an illuminated bead sight.

From what I've heard from some of the VERY "old hands" I've spoken to in the past year since joining the army, these sights were rather temperamental due to the method used to attach them to the rifle. If I remember rightly, it was usually the spring that was the source of this issue as it lost its stiffness over time which resulted in the entire sight moving when the weapon recoils during firing.

Thanks

Danny

?

I know somebody who is selling 1??. ME.. I can't say if it will remain zeroed!!!.So if you are interested PM me.. Cheers Terry.

- - Updated - -

I know somebody who is selling 1??. ME.. I can't say if it will remain zeroed!!!.So if you are interested PM me.. Cheers Terry.

Terry, You do know that once you've sold it, you will end up with a nice black ABS furniture L1 and wish you kept the SUIT!

?

I got a nice SUIT sight w/top cover for $250 almost two years ago. They are not uncommon or terribly pricey in the US. Now the original pouches over here are very scarce for some reason. I shoot my L1A1 with it oftn and it gives me no problems - once I corrected the two major defects in the system. Firstly I used a small punch and stippled the sheet metal edges of the top cover where it slides into the receiver to eliminate a gob of play. Next the actual cast top end is held by two scant aluminum rivets not worth their weight. They always stretch and work loose from the cover. Some guys tig weld the two together , But I opted to drill , countersink and tap the cast steel top peice to the cover and used #609 loctite to make it stay. I've fired countless rounds of ball , tracer and SP's through it with nary a glitch since. Though my tritium illumination long ago died. But it came with an LED unit to illuminate the reticle , but it takes odd sized batteries I have'nt found locally. So I made a rubber plug to insert in the tritium cavity where the LED sat to keep out the weather. I like the sight myself alot. I have seen guys take these and Israeli made SUIT sights and mate them to M4's.

?