Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

A surprise acquisition!

Article about: Can anyone please comment on the viability of this rifle as a functioning weapon? I've never encountered a hybrid like this before, and I'm curious to know if this was potentially put togeth

Default Re: A surprise acquisition!

Can anyone please comment on the viability of this rifle as a functioning weapon? I've never encountered a hybrid like this before, and I'm curious to know if this was potentially put together for practical use: seems perhaps like a lot of effort for just a prop, as I had initially considered.

Mat

Mat: I'm not really sure what to make of it. I was leaning more towards a prop but can't say for certain. Maybe take it apart and you might be able to tell if it's been fired since it's been put together. It's worth a SHOT. Hopefully one of the gun experts here can help you out.
    Good luck!

Luke

I wouldn't know what to look for Luke, though I think it'd be impossible to determine whether any evidence of use was post-assembly or not. I'm just wondering if anyone's had any experience with hybridised weapons at all, I presume that if this has a chance of being usable, that there will be other people with similar things out there. Thanks for your help with the research!

Mat

Mat

I would not shoot this monstrocity, the frensh chassepod rifle was a black powder nailgun. the german stock was a replacement because the Original frensch was broken.
    The farmer who used to fire this rifle with buckshot needed a new inexpensive stock.
    because after worldwar II hundreds of these german rifles were 'en masse' availlable in france he McIvered this hybrid and he probably fired tis contraption only once

Break down for spares but don't shoot it (my two bits of advice)

Jean

PS:

looking at the bottom of the stock, there was another attachment for the sling.

Hi Jean, don't worry, I was never going to be shooting it anyway! Your theory does sound quite likely, I was thinking either that or hunting use. You mention buckshot- pardon my ignorance, but is that not exclusively compatible to shotguns?

I won't take this apart, spare parts would be of no use to me, and I think this weird Frankenstein-rifle has some character in its uniqueness. If I were to sell it, I'd pass it on as it is, it would be a shame to make a rare breed extinct! Thanks for your advice.

Mat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3