Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SVT sniper rifle scope??

Article about: Hi 16225.......thats some very usefull information especially the photos of the various scopes.......did you reproduce them from a book or download ? I would like to have a copy for referenc

?

Default SVT sniper rifle scope??

Hello Ladies & Gents...I have this rifle coming through the post soon. I was wondering how & what scope would I need to turn into a true sniper rifle?? Any info would be handy?? Thank you for your time.. Cheers Terry. SVT sniper rifle scope??SVT sniper rifle scope??SVT sniper rifle scope??SVT sniper rifle scope??

?

Default Re: SVT sniper rifle scope??

1940 and 1941 SVT scopes, produced by plant #357 (Progress) and plant #3/296 (FED) will be correct to your rifle.
    Also at the picture below you could see what correct SVT scope must have. And there is a difference in turrets finish and digits style at scopes produced by Progress and FED factories, sometimes at refurbed scopes they could be mismatched.

?

16225 thanks for the infomation..Have you any photos of the scopes??. That would help very much...Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    16225 thanks for the infomation..Have you any photos of the scopes??. That would help very much...Cheers Terry.
    What photos do you need?

?

Have you any photos of the bracket & how I would attach it that would be nice....Because I haven't a clue..??? cheers Terry.

?

It's almost impossible to find original SVT mount in nice condition. Originals cost 2500$ +, and I know people who is ready to pay more, but there is no offers.
    Last set (scope+mount) that was for sale at EBAY was sold for 3050$.
    And there are many very good fakes around, which were considered originals for a long time
    So the best way is to buy reproduction.
    SVT sniper rifle scope??
    SVT sniper rifle scope??

?

Thanks for the photos ..Now I know what I am looking for!..I don't mind a repro mount.. & I ain't paying that much for a real mount! that is pricey 3000 plus....So a repro mount & real sight..that looks like the way ahead... Cheers Terry.

?

Thanks for the infomation I now know what I am looking for!! Just had a quick look on e-bay & seen the prices..phew more than the rifle!!! So just what this space lol.. Thanks again Terry.

I'd go for a repro mount but a REAL scope. You can find a decent SVT profile scope. Note the difference between those for the SVT mount and those straight shaft ones for a PU mount. A SVT scope will fit in a PU mount but the opposite wont work. The SVT profile scopes were made after the SVT was abandoned as a sniper. Progress scopes are going to be much more common but a was shown above, many were adjusted/calibrated to be used on a M91/30 during refurbisment. THere was a post on here where I put up a photo of an unmolested NKVD/NKAP scope. A repro scope will just not look right......

OH and if you send me a PM with your email, I think I have a scan of the original Soviet SVT-sniper manual in russian. I think it is not very many pages but let me know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast