Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SVT sniper rifle scope??

Article about: Hi 16225.......thats some very usefull information especially the photos of the various scopes.......did you reproduce them from a book or download ? I would like to have a copy for referenc

Default Re: SVT sniper rifle scope??

16225, are those your pictures? If so we have spoken by email in the past and congratulations on a nice update!
    I shared with you serial numbers. It looks like I should gather additional details in my serial number records.......

?

Roger that Meyerse very nice of you..When I go to buy a scope I will be asking a load more questions because at those prices I don't to mess it up lol... I will PM now.. & thanks again for the manual very nice of you .. Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    THere was a post on here where I put up a photo of an unmolested NKVD/NKAP scope.
    I saw photo of your scope. Nice scope, I plan to bid on it EBAY also
    But absence of refurb mark does not mean that scope wasn't is service. Finish is original, but distance and windage turrets and turret caps at your scope are from Progress scope.

16225, are those your pictures? If so we have spoken by email in the past and congratulations on a nice update!
    I shared with you serial numbers. It looks like I should gather additional details in my serial number records.......
    Yes, that's me, I remember.
    As you notice I update my collection, but still need one scope to finish it

Thanks! I knew it had been in service but not refurbed! What are the distinguising features between cap makers? (I know the kransnogorsk ones). How can we identify them?
    I'll send you a new spreadsheet once I've gotten a sufficient number of scopes, but now I have to use your new list to give new indicator numbers (I had given each variant a number).

Here is the Kharkov scope from the earlier thread just to fully reference this one, so how can we tell the differences in caps between kharkov and progress (ignoring the Kransnogorsk scope)?

?

Progress turrets are matte (sometimes with light yellow tint) , FED turrets are more shiny.
    Different font + different ribbing at the turret caps
    SVT sniper rifle scope??

Thanks! I don't think I have any with a FED set of caps..........
    Where did Kharkov equipment end up?

?

Thanks! I don't think I have any with a FED set of caps..........
    Where did Kharkov equipment end up?
    Actually, not only FED scopes have caps with such ribbing in 1940-1942. I don't know why, but first Yoskar Ola scopes, produced in 1943 (near 5000 SVT-tube scopes) also have such ribbing, then they switched to vertical ribbing

every thought of writing some reference materiel? ;-)

?

Hello Alex here are all the pictures I have at the moment until the rifle turns up in the post hopefully next Friday??? Hope these help?? Cheers Terry.SVT sniper rifle scope??SVT sniper rifle scope??SVT sniper rifle scope??SVT sniper rifle scope??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast