Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SVT sniper rifle scope??

Article about: Hi 16225.......thats some very usefull information especially the photos of the various scopes.......did you reproduce them from a book or download ? I would like to have a copy for referenc

Default Re: SVT sniper rifle scope??

Hi 16225.......thats some very usefull information especially the photos of the various scopes.......did you reproduce them from a book or download ? I would like to have a copy for reference.

Phil

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Hello Alex here are all the pictures I have at the moment until the rifle turns up in the post hopefully next Friday??? Hope these help?? Cheers Terry.
    This rifle was discussed here
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...ariant-255310/
    Nice correct sniper SVT

Quote by Lugerlout View Post
    Hi 16225.......thats some very usefull information especially the photos of the various scopes.......did you reproduce them from a book or download ? I would like to have a copy for reference.

Phil
    This is compilation of scopes from my collection. I was trying to display all existing variations of produced PU scopes. It is already posted at other forum, so be free to copy it

Quote by meyerse View Post
    every thought of writing some reference materiel? ;-)
    I'm currently working on this, but in russian

Hello gentlemen, you could identify this scope? I did not find any information about it on the internet. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SVT sniper rifle scope??   SVT sniper rifle scope??  

SVT sniper rifle scope??   SVT sniper rifle scope??  

SVT sniper rifle scope??   SVT sniper rifle scope??  

SVT sniper rifle scope??  

Looks like the cheap and nasty thing I had stuck on my old air rifle to be honest?

Quote by dragunov View Post
    Hello gentlemen, you could identify this scope? I did not find any information about it on the internet. What do you think?
    Hello and welcome to the forum, you might get more help if you start your own thread.

16225'
    A couple of questions about your list.
    What is the difference in the missing 1945 progress scope and the one shown?
    Can you provide more detail on ''threading in the objective lenses'' discussed? I have a couple of these scopes to examine if I know what I"m looking for.

Do you think some of these are different standards or simply production variations. For instance, do you think the 3 painted kransnogorsk scopes with diffrent "bellying'' are different versions or simply manufacturing variation? it the former it should be possible to identify the serial number ranges no?

Do you have established variation names? (I'd use them in recording serials if you do).

Sorry for so many questions, but that is one heck of a collection!

?

Quote by meyerse View Post
    16225'
    A couple of questions about your list.
    What is the difference in the missing 1945 progress scope and the one shown?
    Can you provide more detail on ''threading in the objective lenses'' discussed? I have a couple of these scopes to examine if I know what I"m looking for.

Do you think some of these are different standards or simply production variations. For instance, do you think the 3 painted kransnogorsk scopes with diffrent "bellying'' are different versions or simply manufacturing variation? it the former it should be possible to identify the serial number ranges no?

Do you have established variation names? (I'd use them in recording serials if you do).

Sorry for so many questions, but that is one heck of a collection!
    1945 scopes were produced in 2 ranges of serial numbers - one was continued from 1944 (Б-160ххх, I miss this scope), second - serial numbers were zeroed, and numbering was started from Б-00001.
    Threading in the objective - all SVT scopes (Kharkov\Berdsk 1940-1942, Progress - 1940-1942, 1942 - without A prefix) have such threading. 1942 Progress scopes with A prefix were factory produced for Mosin

All posted variations were produced in order as they are placed at the compilation, and have their own serial number range.
    Except Krasnogorsk scopes that you mention. Scopes with narrow and middle bellying are observed between late construction scopes during all production period (at anodizied and painted scopes). Scopes with wide bellying appear in 100000+ serial range.
    Maybe they were produced by different manufacturing sites, I don't know. I decide to display them, as I'm was trying to display all possible variations
    Try to list all variations of Krasnogorsk scopes :
    1) Early construction serial number range: 50000-63xxx with some trasitional specimens
    - anodized (purple) serial number range: random, only few known
    - without finish, with eyepiece anodized to black serial number range: almost all early construction scopes

2) Late construction serial number range : 63xxx-134xxx
    - without finish, with eyepiece anodized to black serial number range : 63xxx
    • narrow bellying

- anodized (purple and red) serial number range : purple - 63xxx-75xxx, red - 75xxx-9xxxx
    • narrow bellying serial number range - random
    • middle size bellying serial number range - random

- painted serial number range - 9xxxx-134xxx
    • narrow bellying serial number range - random
    • middle size bellying serial number range - random
    • wide bellying serial number range - 100000 +

I don't have established names for scopes variations
    Last edited by 16225; 04-01-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3