Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'

Article about: Enjoy this Swedish version of the 'LAHTI' pistol.. Known in Swedish service as the M-40 & a scarce box of Swedish M-39b 9mm Ammo.... In 1945 the Danish Brigade which was in exile in Swed

Default Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'

Enjoy this Swedish version of the 'LAHTI' pistol.. Known in Swedish service as the M-40 & a scarce box of Swedish M-39b 9mm Ammo....
    In 1945 the Danish Brigade which was in exile in Sweden left to go back to Denmark they were armed with 1000 Swedish M-40 pistols, all these pistols carried Swedish Army acceptance stamps of SS for Inspector Captian Sten Stenmo.. After WW2 these pistols were given to the Danish police and marked Rplt. (RIGSPOLITI)..:::As my pistol is marked:::... After the war additional batchs of M-40 pistols were delievered to the Danish police; approx. 10,000, these had a 'D' prefix in the serial number for Denmark, and too were marked Rplt...Again enjoy this well made and well traveled pistol...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'   Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'  

Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'   Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'  

Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'   Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'  

Attached Images Attached Images Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI' 
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 09-06-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: Swedish M40 Pistol 'LATHI'

These are truely fantastic pistols with Old World machining craftsmanship. I got to fire one as a kid at our local gun range. I forget if it was Swedish or Finnish but it was a dream to shoot.

Thanks for sharing.
    Johnnie

Default Re: Swedish M40 Pistol 'LAHTI'

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    These are truely fantastic pistols with Old World machining craftsmanship. I got to fire one as a kid at our local gun range. I forget if it was Swedish or Finnish but it was a dream to shoot.

Thanks for sharing.
    Johnnie
    So true Johnnie, They are super accurate and very heavy...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

How nice it is to read something in my own language on the forums for once.
    It's a nice gun, made approx 40 minutes by car from me.

so sorry,I cant help myself.I like it a Lathi

CD Woods
    ?

I have heard that some of these weapons are prone to frame cracks.

Can anyone tell me anything at all about these for quality and serviceability.

I'm thinking about purchasing one and I have a very small window to do so in.

cdwoods2004@sbcglobal.net

Thank You
    CD Woods

Quote by CD Woods View Post
    I have heard that some of these weapons are prone to frame cracks.

Can anyone tell me anything at all about these for quality and serviceability.

I'm thinking about purchasing one and I have a very small window to do so in.

cdwoods2004@sbcglobal.net

Thank You
    CD Woods
    I have never had trouble out of one, and have shot 1000s of rounds.. The following site should help some..BILL

The Swedish pistol m/1940 - Husqvarna and Lathi V35

Hello.
    Back in the 1980:s the M 40 guns started to report cracks in the frames.
    It resulted in at least a temporary stop of their use within the swedish armed forces.
    The problem was thought to come from the M-39 B 9mm ammo with its heavier pressure/charge.
    My humble recommendation would be to feed your M 40:s ammo with less pressure than Swedish M-39 B ammo.
    Only downside to this gun in my opinion is that you need quite big hands to get a proper grip on the gun, my hands are to small.

Best regards
    Laplander

CD Woods
    ?

I went ahead and picked up one on consignment at a local Gun Shop. Complete rig, Pistol, Holster, 3 Magazines, Cleaning Rod and Loading Tool for $650.00 total. Weapon has a very light scratch on the left side. The Serial Number starts with a "D", but does not have the Police Marking on the right side. I love this weapon and it is a hoot to shoot.