Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Take a guess at what it is!

Article about: last few if you want to see a pic of a specific item i might have missed, let me know and I will get pics of the area you wish to see. i did the best i could and went picture happy on this r

Default Re: Take a guess at what it is!

last few

if you want to see a pic of a specific item i might have missed, let me know and I will get pics of the area you wish to see. i did the best i could and went picture happy on this rifle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Take a guess at what it is!   Take a guess at what it is!  

Take a guess at what it is!   Take a guess at what it is!  

?

Very nice old smelly. Congrats.
    It was almost worth the agonizingly slow reveal
    How do you get along with the 'reverse' cocking of the bolt on these?
    (IIRC they cock on closing, not on opening. Any difference, that you can discern?)

?

An iconic rifle system which is steeped in history and served the Commonwealth for a long time.
    To me, the outline of this rifle brings back reading about Tobruk, going over the top and volley fire......etc

Now where are your desert shorts! We need an re-enactment pic!

The sling on the rifle is Swedish for the m96/m96-38/m38 6.5mm rifles with the quick release tab at the muzzle end.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    The sling on the rifle is Swedish for the m96/m96-38/m38 6.5mm rifles with the quick release tab at the muzzle end.
    THANK YOU! I probably never would have figured that out. I'll have to keep an open eye for a WWI era sling, if they're available. If not, I can live without it.

That is a sweet rifle, in such nice shape for such and old gal. I like shooting my smelly more than my No4, I like the sights better, and they're fast, I go through ammo almost as fast as my other rifles lol

Between the ammo for the Garand, 98K and now this Enfield, I imagine this is going to get right expensive. Oh well, that's the price we pay to enjoy the past.

It's too bad the south african ammo dried up so fast, it shoots nice, but it's a lot dirty. There's still some paki ammo around, but I've heard mixed reports about this stuff, I bought some by mistake, but haven't tried it yet. There's not alot of surplus .303 ammo around any more, so I don't shoot mine as often as I used too. Even reloading isn't as affordable as it used to be, but as long as you can burn a few each time you go to the range, it's well worth it

4md
    ?

Nice rifle, A real beauty!

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    It's too bad the south african ammo dried up so fast, it shoots nice, but it's a lot dirty. There's still some paki ammo around, but I've heard mixed reports about this stuff, I bought some by mistake, but haven't tried it yet. There's not alot of surplus .303 ammo around any more, so I don't shoot mine as often as I used too. Even reloading isn't as affordable as it used to be, but as long as you can burn a few each time you go to the range, it's well worth it
    I'll shoot whatever I can get my hands on. Thankfully I have enough room to shoot in my own backyard. Too many rules and fools at the ranges. I think Bass Pro Shops carry some 303 ammo. I hate buying guns there, alway too busy and their employees have yet to impress me. Buying ammo there doesn't bother me so much. Cabelas has some good deals sometimes on bulk ammo.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast