Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!

Article about: Calling all thompson experts to identify if this grip i just bought its original or not!.. whats your opinion?

?

Default Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!

Calling all thompson experts to identify if this grip i just bought its original or not!.. whats your opinion?

Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!Thompson 1928 vertical grip help needed!

Looks to be for British use.Holes are for the sling mount.
    Real? looks nice.
    Never saw a REAL one for sale.

?

Actually i had another one that was original but the shape was completely different, despite the fact that this really looks like many fake ones, there are some "imperfections" that makes me think it might be an original one. You can also see how the two faces are not exactly the same, especially on the face with the sling mount holes, the wood cut is larger to allow the sling mount to be installed. Anyway! thats why i required some more expert ppl suggestions! post pictures of yours 1928 grips so we can compare

?

Very nice.. if you're ever interested in selling or if anyone else has a original one for sale I would be interested :-)

The original Thompson foregrip, like that of the Sten Mk.V, is more 'smooth'; more 'curvaceous'. Very hard to find an original of either. I know; I'm looking for a Sten foregrip.

?

According to the folks on Machinegun Boards, it is a repro.

Comparison between the wood types of an authentic 1928 and the wood types used today would be a good study

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill