Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Keystone “C” stocks for 03 Springfields

Article about: Hey folks. I wanted to gauge the community and get y’alls thoughts on full C grip stocks made by keystone. Do y’all think they are late war time or post war. About 10 years ago I bought a 19

Default Thoughts on Keystone “C” stocks for 03 Springfields

Hey folks. I wanted to gauge the community and get y’alls thoughts on full C grip stocks made by keystone. Do y’all think they are late war time or post war. About 10 years ago I bought a 1942 Remington m1903 with a full C stock that I originally thought was original to the rifle. At the time I looked it up and everything said they were all post war made. Recently I have the search another try and came up with differing opinions. I’ve now read from a couple sources that the keystone stocks were made during WW2 for the A4s and were also used as replacement stocks for Remington 03s and 03A3s. Unfortunately I don’t have picture of my rifle at this time but when I get some I will post for y’all to see.

I can not remember for the life of me what stock is on my Remington 03a3 original. I will look at mine when I get home. I don’t believe mine is a C stock and I believe they were replacement and for the a4.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yes I know the stock is not original to the metal. The only full C grip stocks made originally for the 1903 and not 03a3 was for national match rifles. But I’m curious if anyone has any definite insight on if the Keystone stocks in particular were made during the war or only post war or both