Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

Article about: Usally don't have an issue with many other milsurp rifles but I finally broke down and bought a kickpad for my steyr m95/34. After last weekends range day of 20 rounds of 8x56r and another 6

I remember seeing photos of the old Big Game hunters and their Gun Bearers. Part of the job of the gun bearer used to be leaning forward behind the hunter and bracing Both hands with stiff arms behind the hunter's gun shoulder to help brace him for the recoil of their big 4 Bore's, 2 Bore's, 600 Nitro Express's etc. And I thought that my 375 H&H Magnum Mauser had more than enough kick to it! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hats off to the Bulgarian army of old. The steyr was their main battle rifle of the period.

That was the first thing I bought when I got my first C&R license. I think I paid $65 for it and Sportsmansguide had the ammo for cheap. I still have some of that in the basement I think. I've never had anything kick like that lol I didn't keep it too long. I had an M59 and M38 and they weren't all that fun to shoot either. I can shoot my enfields all day and they don't bother me.

?

I still have one of those little beasts,I used to pull the bullets and remove 3 grains of powder,helped a lot...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Its a lot of fun to fire but the recoil kept me from getting the practice I wanted. Shouldn't be a problem now.

You pussies. I'm thinking of getting one of these for the squirrels that roam the grounds of Casa Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

277 foot pounds of recoil (or ten 30-06 fired at the same time). I think I will just watch.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

And it has to be fired in a vise, lol! Thems some big azz squirrels, Ned.

This one is about the same size, for when the zombie squirrels attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvsfT1_W6TE

The only military arm that really irritated me was the G33/40 in 7,9x57 - it was less the round than the metal shoulder stock "cup" - supposedly to use as a mountaineering aid, that really left a bruise.
    The day after shooting 100 or so rounds, my shoulder would be black and blue, I just never really learned the technique to shooting it without this side effect.
    (I sold it to another member on this forum.)
    The K98, or MG34 in the same caliber, I can shoot all day long, and do.

G33 is fourth from top in this pic -

The Steyr in 8x56R is an infamous shoulder abuser - lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast