Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

Article about: Usally don't have an issue with many other milsurp rifles but I finally broke down and bought a kickpad for my steyr m95/34. After last weekends range day of 20 rounds of 8x56r and another 6

Nice selection, Pit. They truly are " the beautiful ones".
    Agreed on the k98. I can shoot it all day long. It seems like any of the milsurp get kind of nasty as the barrel gets shorter. As for the mg34 and gew 33 I haven't had the pleasure yet.

Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

It was either the recoil pad or stop shooting it so much. But I bought way too much ammo for that option.

There is a ZB39 kit in the 1919 forum classifieds - this was the ZB (Bren) style chambered in 8x56R -
    You could have it built up as a legal-semi and it would go through that ammo in an afternoon.
    Just don't shoot it dressed as a clown.

Yeah that picture is forever burned in my memory. That's insane. I know exactly how much I paid for my 8x56r and the prices aren't going down. The milsurp rounds are disappearing and even Partisan priv charges about $1.10 per round for the new stuff.

?

I used to buy that ammo for $3.99 a box of 10 with clips,a long time ago....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Those days are long gone.

K98 leaves me feeling rough after 20 rounds. Metal butt plates are wonderful. Enfield's are not much better nor the Soviet rifles. All will bruise you. Good info on the recoil pad. Must have gotten spoiled on my M4☺

I hear that. Took my son shooting last weekend and he is active military. After shooting my variety of rifles he admitted they were spoiled with the colt m4.

?

I feel it only right I should share Your suffering. Give Me Your rifle

JerryB52, you think the M44 is worse than the Steyr M95 - ?
    I think the M95 is a little more aggressive - neither is a particular delight to shoot - especially prone, where the recoil is directly into the body, and there is less latitude to absorb the kick with shoulder movement.
    Maybe weight of the bayonet on the M44 helps a little, lol.

The G33/40 is unpleasant, too - in the G33's case it is less the power of the kick (both the M95 and M44 are a hotter round), than the really funky shape of the shoulder pad, like upended tic-tac, I never found a way to hold it tight enough that it was pleasant to shoot.
    Has anyone shot much out of the No 5 Lee Enfield - I know it has a hard rubber pad, but the rubber usually vulcanized on the originals? - I would imagine it is a similarly useless arrangement.

All of the above taken into consideration - I still enjoy shooting these carbines, scout and cavalry guns, for ten or twenty rounds they are a literal blast - !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast