Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is tis an old Mauser sling, and if so, what flavor? Thx in advance!!! ;-)

Article about: by lebus12 Oups! no different eBay | BRETELLE BERTHIER,LEBEL ,MAS 36 ,TAR boucle laiton 14/18 Yes, I'd have to say not the same at all. This is riveted at the buckle, there is no extra flap

Default Is this an old Mauser sling, and if so, what flavor? Thx in advance!!! ;-)

I've had this thing forever, always wondering what it is? I think it's an old Mauser sling, but not sure... but it looks like some other Mauser slings I've seen in pics, but pics on the net usually suck and I can't tell for sure, especially on the buckle. Which this one is brass, crudely made as in something very old. Argentine Mauser maybe? The leather part is 41" from where it takes off at the center of the buckle to where the leather folds over at the stud end, which is about another two inches of leather.

Buckle details in these pics should help get this narrowed down.

Thx much in advance for the help ;-)

Default Re: Is tis an old Mauser sling, and if so, what flavor? Thx in advance!!! ;-)

Appears to be an old sling from some type of military rifle as you suggest. The buckle has me stymied. On my KAR 98 the slings buckle is stamped L&F to denote the manufacturer. Your buckle does not match mine. Sorry I could not be of more help but I am sure someone else will let you know that is more knowledgeable concerning this sling.

Default Re: Is tis an old Mauser sling, and if so, what flavor? Thx in advance!!! ;-)

Thx! It is kind of a mystery sling... Maybe it's not old Mauser but some old USA thing?

?

There`s no prong on the buckle,and I see no holes in the strap,maybe it`s just an equipment strap?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It's a rifle sling but given how many countries used Mauser type rifles over a 100 or so years the possibilities are endless...

I beleive this to be a French Lebel sling........BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thx everyone ;-)

I don't think it's Lebel, the stud end is too different. It looks an awful lot like an FN49 sling, but it's riveted at the buckle and no sewed like the FN49, and almost certainly made this way from the start.

If this piece did once hang from a Mauser, it would have been a very early Mauser at that and certainly a contract issue. As others have previously said though, it's somewhat like searching for a grain of sand in the desert, given the shear variety and number of Mausers that have existed and been produced.

Perhaps someone with greater expertise can weigh in?

-Scharfschütze

Yes perhaps FRench, because of the brass rivet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast