Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

Article about: Hi , I have a deactivated Tokarev TT-33 dated 1944 which I believe is from the Izhevsk plant. I'm a bit confused about magazines and wondered if someone could help. Some Tokarev mags have a

?

Default Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

Hi , I have a deactivated Tokarev TT-33 dated 1944 which I believe is from the Izhevsk plant. I'm a bit confused about magazines and wondered if someone could help. Some Tokarev mags have a lanyard loop and some don't , was it date , country or factory dependent on why some did and some didn't ? Both my mags are without the loop but neither are original to the gun. So to make mine look authentic to the date and factory do I need a looped mag ?

Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

Cheers

Dunc

from my understanding the ones with loops are wartime and pre ww2, the ones without, post ww2

?

Thanks very much Phil , looks like I'll need to source a looped one then. More expense lol

?

Staying on the subject of Tokarev magazines this seems a bit strange and has me puzzled , when I dismantled my first magazine I notice a piece of string under the baseplate , nearly a year later I got another magazine and it also had a piece of string under the baseplate

A googled image search turned up one photo with what also looks like a piece of string.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on ?

Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

And the google image

Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

i beleive the russians used the string as a way to keep numbered mags matching the gun to be held together. either both mags, ore from the lanyard loop on the pistol to the baseplate of the mag

?

Phil thanks again 👍 , it makes sense now , so they attached the mag to the lanyard ring on the pistol and in my case because the mags don't have lanyard rings themselves they inserted the other end of the string under the baseplate

?

Nice pistol and not sure where about your from but the looped mags are quite plentiful here in Canada. if your in north america theres plenty of sites who sells them. Also if your looking for the manufacturer check between the serial number and date on the side, if its a triangle with an arrow its izhevsk.

heres mine that I picked up the other day, 1944 Izhevsk and fully functional too.
    Tokarev TT-33 Magazines

?

That's a lovely pistol , is the box of rounds dated ?
    I'm in the UK so my Tokarev is deactivated ( it's the only way we can own something like that ). I shouldn't have too much trouble sourcing one over here.

?

Quote by Dunc View Post
    That's a lovely pistol , is the box of rounds dated ?
    I'm in the UK so my Tokarev is deactivated ( it's the only way we can own something like that ). I shouldn't have too much trouble sourcing one over here.
    Thanks, and the ammo is 1945 surplus, my local gun shop has a plentiful supply and its cheap (20$/box of 70). Im planning on going to the range with it tomorrow so ill let you know how it shoots, perhaps even one day if your out this way you could try yer hands at one

as far as the magazines, they should be available all over for something so mass produced like the tokarev.