Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this trade worth it?!

Article about: Hey everyone! I was offered this trade not too long ago, is it worth it? I am giving: 1x deac. MG53 (with a few MG42 parts) 1x post war ammodrum 1x 1942 beltlink with 10 casings 1x barrelsle

Default Is this trade worth it?!

Hey everyone! I was offered this trade not too long ago, is it worth it?

I am giving:
    1x deac. MG53 (with a few MG42 parts)
    1x post war ammodrum
    1x 1942 beltlink with 10 casings
    1x barrelsleeve with dug up MG42 barrel

I am getting:
    1x complete G43
    1x G43 without stock
    1x Baretta MP41 (missing bolt and rear cap)

See photos for the quality!

Thanks already
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this trade worth it?!   Is this trade worth it?!  

Is this trade worth it?!   Is this trade worth it?!  

Is this trade worth it?!   Is this trade worth it?!  

MAP
    ?

I don't collect relics firearms so don't know the values. So can't help in that respect

But my rule of thumb is "will you be happy with the trade?" Only you can answer that.

For the cool factor I think the MG53 is a nicer display piece even if it is mostly postwar. That is the one I would want.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

It does look like you are trading a very nice looking MG53 for some serious relic looking G43 & MP41.

The G43 doesn't look very nice at all. Serious pitting on the receiver , Does the bolt even cycle? All the wood on both G43 and MP41 look strangely in better condition than the metal. I would suspect that those have been replaced and are not original to the weapons.

But along the same lines as Michael. If your happy with them, That is what counts!

Just my 2 centavos on this subject.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    It does look like you are trading a very nice looking MG53 for some serious relic looking G43 & MP41.

The G43 doesn't look very nice at all. Serious pitting on the receiver , Does the bolt even cycle? All the wood on both G43 and MP41 look strangely in better condition than the metal. I would suspect that those have been replaced and are not original to the weapons.

But along the same lines as Michael. If your happy with them, That is what counts!

Just my 2 centavos on this subject.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I was just editing my post Phil to comment on the stock when I saw your comments. I agree, the stock on the G43 is not original IMHO. They should be laminate. Plus as a relic the stock probably rotted away and was replaced, or at best original but heavily refinished. It loses the visual appeal

Based on this. I would keep the MG53 any day of the week. Wonderful for a war room display or sitting on the living room table

Here is what the stock should look like

Is this trade worth it?!

Is this trade worth it?!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very Nice one Michael , Love the scoped one..

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very Nice one Michael , Love the scoped one..

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Was not trying to derail. Just showing what the laminate stock should look like.

But here it is (old photos), but I will just say your memory is fading....that said, it was almost 5 years ago.

G43 Sniper ID??

?

LOL!!! Memory not fading. I'm not there YET!!! I have seen that more than that thread. You have posted it in several along with your other rifles.
    Just giving you a compliment again
    It is always nice to see!
    And I would not consider that a derail. It shows exactly what It should look like and JustAGuy1250 should be able to see the difference
    Semper Fi
    Phil

The G43 does cycle and everything.
    Oddly enough only the bolt and bolt carrier are this bad condition.
    Magazine, sight, ect are mint.

These were found in a barn, not in the ground.

I'll have a think about it
    Greetings

Would it be easy to get parts for the MP41? If so, I might accept and repair the weapons.

It sounds a good trade to me. The G43 is a rare weapon compared to the MG53 and you can end up with two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast