Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Article about: Thanks for the clarification. I thought that the marks being made at two separate times (ten years apart) as kanister mentions implied military servicing. Mat

Default Re: TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Thanks for the clarification. I thought that the marks being made at two separate times (ten years apart) as kanister mentions implied military servicing.

Mat

This is not an Italian military gun.
    When the Russian dispose off the Tokarev an Italian dealer imported a large quantity and sold them on civilian market, so they were test proofed by Gardone proof hose.
    This is mine, but it is not a TT30 but a TT30 updated to TT33 standard: look at the barrel.TT-30 Tokarev- marking identificationTT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

?

Ade will know that I asked a question about World Wide Arms current consignment of 1935 dated TT30's on a another forum recently.

When something looks to good to be true I always tend to be a little cautious, but the Italian connection is a good explanation why a batch with the same date have survived. The dealer presumably retained all the early dated examples. The additional markings would not worry me. It is part of the weapons history.

Thanks to our Italian comrades for the info on the markings.

I agree: all part of the history.

Seems these are selling out fast...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have also ordered one of these from World Wide Arms.
    Will be intresting to see if it turns up with these proof marks aswell.

Liam

If these guns come from the same batch they all are of the "TT30 upgraded TT33" model, so, besides the Italian proof marks, you can see if the barrel has two anular grooves.

You can also see the pictures of this gun at:

Ex Ordinanza where it's described.

It's in Italian, but the pictures are international.

It all makes sense now, I appreciate the responses! Liam, please feel free to post photos of your Tokarev in this thread also when you get it. Could anyone please explain the function of the changes made to the barrel?

Mat

?

I have ordered one as well as they are also a very competative price up to examples offered on Gun Star.

The chances of finding an unmodified TT30 just like the Russian Maxims I collect would be practically zero and attract a great price premium.

?

?

international pictures as well , please note that it's describing 3 versions: TT-30 , TT-33 (1933-1941), TT-33 (1941..)

Ïèñòîëåò ÒÒ. Èñòîðèÿ ñîçäàíèÿ, ìîäèôèêàöèè. - Guns.ru Talks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast