Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Article about: Thanks for the clarification. I thought that the marks being made at two separate times (ten years apart) as kanister mentions implied military servicing. Mat

Default Re: TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Thanks for the links.

Mat

?

Matt and Liam,

I received one of these Pistols from World Wide Arms last week.

My top slide and magazine are not matching numbers presumably due to standard Russian post-war rebuilds when the weapons were stripped and thrown into a pile for rebuild. Do yours match?

The top slide is only a year apart so it could be a lot worse. Finding a matching numbered weapon now would be rare.

Quote by M1910 View Post
    Matt and Liam,

I received one of these Pistols from World Wide Arms last week.

My top slide and magazine are not matching numbers presumably due to standard Russian post-war rebuilds when the weapons were stripped and thrown into a pile for rebuild. Do yours match?

The top slide is only a year apart so it could be a lot worse. Finding a matching numbered weapon now would be rare.
    Mine is also mismatched, though both dates are the same on this one.

Mat

mine doesn't match either, but both the slide and frame on my one are 1935 dated.

Liam

Non of the ones WWA have are matched. I saw them in their catalogue when it came out and I figured they would be mismatched 'cos of the price etc but figured no harm in asking them so I did and they confirmed all the ones they had were all non matching numbers so I never bothered getting one.

?

All of the Ryton Arms examples are mismatched as well.

You would need to find an example which has never been rebuilt to get matching numbers and that in good condition would be very rare. Accepting they are rebuilt to the later models, they are good examples of what they are.

Hi All
    i got one of these on sunday the frame, slide and backstrap have matching nos but the mag and the barrel dont match.
    you cant see the nos on the barrel until you strip it down. they seem to have two types some that have been re-finished (poor job) and some with faded blue and a little pitting. i got one with the iffy finish and removed it since what was left of the original blue was not removed and was hidden underneeth this is now what i have now. at £200 i think the price is right for a early and a little rare pistol wwa have a lot of these but when they are gone we all know what will happen to the price.
    Andy

?

Sounds like you got a very good deal.

?

I've also managed to get one of these before they disappear. Seeing as this thread is about TT-30/33 marking ID, can I post pictures here, or should I start a new one?

Feel free to share pictures here.

Mat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast