Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

TT-33 Tokarev... help with missing part?

Article about: Its not a problem Along with the TT-33 Pistol is a Nagant Revolver, a Mosin Nagant M38 Carbine, a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Rifle and a DT Light Machine Gun Thanks Danny

Default Re: TT-33 Tokarev... help with missing part?

Its not a problem Along with the TT-33 Pistol is a Nagant Revolver, a Mosin Nagant M38 Carbine, a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Rifle and a DT Light Machine Gun

Thanks

Danny

I also needed a part for my Lee enfield no4 MK1 and when I looked at this site the postage was $30 for something that costs $5.

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Its not a problem Along with the TT-33 Pistol is a Nagant Revolver, a Mosin Nagant M38 Carbine, a Mosin Nagant 91/30 Rifle and a DT Light Machine Gun

Thanks

Danny
    I'm a little jealous... all of those at once! Not bad at all. I have a Nagant revolver with red/brown grips, it looks very nice. I'm wanting to buy a Mosin Nagant soon, but I'm torn between a 91/30 or an M44. As for the LMG, that may have to wait until I'm no longer a broke student... or perhaps christmas?

Ingrid- was it a large part? Hopefully being a screw-sized piece, it should cost virtually nothing.

No, it was a lower band to retain the rear handguard

?

Let me pre warn you Matt(?)Some American gun part dealers are very help full and obliging.Others simply will not want the balls ache of exporting ANY gun parts out of USA for obvious reasons .Some only have limited payment options for you too ie personal cheque,no cards.Paypal is a red rag to a bull due I believe to their anti gun stance.

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    I'm a little jealous... all of those at once! Not bad at all.
    I'm suprised that I'm getting them all at once too They should arrive in the next few days hopefully, I'll get some pictures up then as theres not too many DT Machine Guns in the UK, in fact the one I've bought is the only one I've seen for sale.

Thanks

Danny

the firing pin retaining pin is VERY EASY to replace, you can use a simple roll pin from the hardware store, it's just simple pin with tension that keep the firing pin from falling out the back.

it's not a screw, it's a smooth pin that fits snug in the hole and you use a pin punch to tap it out for removal.

since yours is missing, they probablly removed the firing pin along with the retaining pin to make it non functional for safety.

you can use any pin that fits just to fill the hole so it looks more authentic.

If I was a soldier in the field and lost the firing pin retaining pin , I would just make one with a piece of scrap metal or nail and peen the ends to keep it from slipping out during use for a field repair.

LIONFIRST1
    ?

This is the firing pin retaining piece.If you examine the hole on the right side of the slide You will notice a small dent ( an indentation, properly called a counterbore).This is because this retaining pin is half split and has two small projections ( acting as lugs ) at the extreme end of the split part.They ( the " lugs " ) prevent the pin going loose and droppng out of the slide.The retining pin is nardened and tempered in order to be springy. Very often the pin goes loose or breaks because of poor heat treatement (either too hard,in which case it breaks,or too soft and not " engaging " the " lugs " properly in the " dent "( in order to secure the retaining pin in the slide ).I don`t think it`s hard to find ( you have to find some people dealing in spare parts ).It can be easly made and heat treated ( properly of course ) in every common machine shop. I don`t think the make would be expensive.

Thanks for all the advice and help on this people, the problem has now been dealt with. I'll just have to refrain from 'firing' the weapon to make sure I don't lose another...

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2