Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

Article about: Hi guys, This was an early Christmas present from my dad. It is a Tula-made 1940 M91/30 in very good condition. I have two other Mosins- another M91/30 and an M44, both made by Ishevsk in 19

Default Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

Hi guys,

This was an early Christmas present from my dad. It is a Tula-made 1940 M91/30 in very good condition. I have two other Mosins- another M91/30 and an M44, both made by Ishevsk in 1944.

I hope you like her! Anyone want to throw in a name suggestion? It is a very beautiful rifle.

Questions- Are those yellow parts brass? Is this a feature of early configuration?

Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30   Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30  

Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30   Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30  

?

Default Re: Tula 1940 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

I vote "Natasha". I had a Tula from 1934 that I unfortunately had to sell, they are great rifles, I always wondered if mine was used in the great Patriotic War...

Looks great, Mo! I would call her Ivana... Ivana shoot her.

One of the nicest 1940 Tulas I've seen so far, the ones I've seen had fair amounts of pitting under the refurb blueing job. How's the bore look?

The bore is beautiful, it's a shame I can't get a good picture of it.

?

Sweet looking rifle! If I remember correctly, brass was used until supplies diminished later in the war and then steel was used in it's place. I can't find it in my references , though, so I might be confusing this with another rifle. Merry Christmas!!

Very nice rifle, Mo! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Sweet looking rifle! If I remember correctly, brass was used until supplies diminished later in the war and then steel was used in it's place. I can't find it in my references , though, so I might be confusing this with another rifle. Merry Christmas!!
    Thanks for the comments guys. Mark, that would make sense, as my 1944 Ishevsk M91/30 has steel parts instead of the brass ones on my Tula.

These rifles really don't get the attention that they deserve. They are so affordable to collect. How much do untouched, unrefurbished, matching M91/30's go for?

?

It's a really sweet rifle you got there Mo, but i have to say this... I wish you all would stop calling it the Mosin-Nagant. These rifles correct name The Mosin Rifle. Винтовка Мосина, Vintovka Mosina. Nagant had almost nothing to with the design and actually stole a lot of design features from Mosin's rifle in the attempt to win the government contract. Obviously he did not win it. All Nagant designed on Mosins rifle was the mag spring. Just saying to put in one of many facts about this rifle. I hope you will give us a range report Mo. Merry Christmas.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    It's a really sweet rifle you got there Mo, but i have to say this... I wish you all would stop calling it the Mosin-Nagant. These rifles correct name The Mosin Rifle. Винтовка Мосина, Vintovka Mosina. Nagant had almost nothing to with the design and actually stole a lot of design features from Mosin's rifle in the attempt to win the government contract. Obviously he did not win it. All Nagant designed on Mosins rifle was the mag spring. Just saying to put in one of many facts about this rifle. I hope you will give us a range report Mo. Merry Christmas.
    Thanks for that, I have never really read about the design of the rifle. I remember something about a Captain Sergei Mosin but that's about it.

I will call it a Vintovka Mosina from now on.