Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Turkish Pistol?

Article about: I am trying to identify a pistol. It looks like a copy of a 1910 Brownig in 380 cal, except the safety is in front of the stock, just behind the trigger underneath where your thumb would nat

mfolts
    ?

Default Turkish Pistol?

I am trying to identify a pistol. It looks like a copy of a 1910 Brownig in 380 cal, except the safety is in front of the stock, just behind the trigger underneath where your thumb would naturally lie.
    On the right side there is a "T" over a "C" inside a circle. On the left side it reads "1943", a large "N" over a cresent moon and star and "No 2931".
    The safety is marked "Em" in the up position and "Ates" in the down position. It was aquired in Lybia in the early 1950's so I thought Turkish. Any input would be helpfull, thanks in advance.
    Mark f

Default Re: Turkish Pistol?

Quote by mfolts View Post
    I am trying to identify a pistol. It looks like a copy of a 1910 Brownig in 380 cal, except the safety is in front of the stock, just behind the trigger underneath where your thumb would naturally lie.
    On the right side there is a "T" over a "C" inside a circle. On the left side it reads "1943", a large "N" over a cresent moon and star and "No 2931".
    The safety is marked "Em" in the up position and "Ates" in the down position. It was aquired in Lybia in the early 1950's so I thought Turkish. Any input would be helpfull, thanks in advance.
    Mark f
    Please post a picture...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

mfolts
    ?

I hope this is a pic of the pistol!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Turkish Pistol?  

mfolts
    ?

I thought Turkey. But maybe an FN copy?

?

It looks like an FN 1922 frame with an FN 1910 slide and barrel installed,the barrels are interchangeable as I have done this.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

mfolts
    ?

I thought i could find the country of origin by the markings on the safety. "Em" and "Ates" must be abreviations for fire and safe?Also, the cresent and star with an N over them are unusual. Thanks for the help
    Mfolts

mfolts
    ?

Turkish to English translation for "Ates" turns out to be "fire".
    Thought it was Turkey. Now I am thinking FN 1910 slide copy on a first generation Kirikale (Walther copy) Frame. Any thoughts?

i don't think this is a 'marriage'. it can't be a kirikkale frame because it is for a hammerless slide, and the trigger is wrong. as for browning the grip shape is different and it lacks a grip safety...
    but that doesn't mean i have any idea what it really is, although the tc marking is definitely turkish.

mfolts
    ?

I have no idea either, I was thinking more of a cheap copy of some sort.
    I would post a pic of the other side but I am having trouble.

To me it looks like a Remington 51 with wood grips. But I can't explain why there would be any copies of a 51 in the Ottoman Empire unless they sold them some machinery in the inter war years after the US stopped fielding small caliber stuff. I love the look of that gun the condition gives it great character!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast