Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

two recent rifle pick-ups.....

Article about: So I try and pick up WW2 rifles as I come across them. I buy "low value" rifles as I shoot them and it makes it more fun for me not chasing after anything rare....so... I picked up

?

Default two recent rifle pick-ups.....

So I try and pick up WW2 rifles as I come across them. I buy "low value" rifles as I shoot them and it makes it more fun for me not chasing after anything rare....so...

I picked up a type 38 rifle recently. Please correct me on my limited research..

Koshikawa Arsenal..no series number..produced some time between 1906-1935?
    It has an overall length of 38 inches. Cut stock, intact mum and a carbine rear sight was put on it. The barrel has no "step" in it.
    Am I correct in assuming someone postwar has cut it down?
    Yes its a repro sling
    My father in law has 3 mint type 99's that his uncle brought back so when this type 38 popped up for $150 I figured what the heck, I'm going to shoot it anyway....

Second is a p-14 enfield. I wanted a regular lee-enfield, but this one popped up for cheap and its .303 so I grabbed it..What can you guys tell me about this one?

Thanks for the help and input!

?

I can't help with the type 38 but the P14 looks nice. Its a Mk1* made in 1916 or 1917 at Remington. If you take the hand guard off you will be able to find a barrel date. I can't see from the pics but as the butt disc has been removed, its probably gone through Weedon repair standard meaning arsenal reworking just prior to WW2. I shot mine today - just like a regular Lee Enfield 303 only smoother and more accurate.

Alex
    Last edited by Alex W; 01-31-2016 at 11:53 PM.

?

Thanks for the info. The Enfield is super nice and the stock is fantastic! I feel I did well at $300...