Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two WW2 German Guns

Article about: I've been looking to purchase a WW2 German gun for a while, and have come across 2 on GunBroker. The first is a Walther PP 7.65mm. It appears to be correct to me, just with an import stamp a

That Luger looks dreadful... It's been polished that much, all the sharp defining edges have gone - along with much of its character. The PPK is a much better choice.

My opinion is Run away from that luger....It is a mess. The PP would be ok if you were to use it for a shooter. It also has some red flags as far as a collector firearm. Gun broker is a good place to look, but all of these firearms are going through the roof as far as prices. just my observations.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Still Chucklin over Liberace's luger. Yeah I would pass on that too. PP might be OK if the price is right. Agree with above concerning prices on Gunbroker.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Was the PPK also an export during the period as Im seeing the word " Germany " near the trigger
    I was wondering why that was there as well. If it has the waffen proofs though and was a Russian capture, wouldn't that mean wasn't an export?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    I was wondering why that was there as well. If it has the waffen proofs though and was a Russian capture, wouldn't that mean wasn't an export?
    Exported to Russia ? ..>_< LOL
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Seller states that it’s stamped Germany as it was legally imported to the US after the iron curtain fell. Besides the broken grip and worn bore, any other red flags with the PP? I may have to see if I can’t get it today haha

What are some of the red flags for the PP? Besides the broken grip and Russian capture and import markings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2