Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Type 14 Nambu

Article about: That is a fantastic piece of hardware Rob i wish i could get something similar in my collection but that is a no no over here !! I would be looking through iron bars for a very long time if

?

That is a fantastic piece of hardware Rob i wish i could get something similar in my collection but that is a no no over here !! I would be looking through iron bars for a very long time if found with that !!
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

I'm sorry to hear that, Al.

MAP
    ?

Rob,

Hope you don't mind......Dug these up. Here is one I had..Have more and better pics somewhere with the very early holster.

This pistol was unique. Vet Bring back with the paint applied BEFORE reaching US shores. Not factory applied I am told but under a loop, you can see the age and patina to the paint.

Type 14 NambuType 14 Nambu
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 14 Nambu  
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very good condition pistol and ephemera you have there but it has to be said the basic design is not the best-I have one (posted it 3 years or so ago)-they're well made except for the late war examples but the combination of strong return springs resting the bolt on the top of magazine platform makes changing mags very difficult especially if the pistol is dirty or the hands aren't clean and dry (both not likely to be so in action) and the striker spring is notoriously weak-the round is low powered and the size and weight of the pistol makes it easily controlled to shoot but with poor punch compared to .45 ACP or 9mm Parabellum for a full size military weapon IMHO.

MAP
    ?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    A very good condition pistol and ephemera you have there but it has to be said the basic design is not the best-I have one (posted it 3 years or so ago)-they're well made except for the late war examples but the combination of strong return springs resting the bolt on the top of magazine platform makes changing mags very difficult especially if the pistol is dirty or the hands aren't clean and dry (both not likely to be so in action) and the striker spring is notoriously weak-the round is low powered and the size and weight of the pistol makes it easily controlled to shoot but with poor punch compared to .45 ACP or 9mm Parabellum for a full size military weapon IMHO.
    Agree! Give me a 1911 anyday! That's what I keep by my bed
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice one, Map. I agree with everything you say, Lithgow. I had a beautiful Ithaca 1911a1, made April of 1944. A few years ago my neighbor broke into my home while I was at work and stole it and a few other nice hand guns. He did about 20 months in jail but my 1911a1 is still gone. Maybe, someday the police will find it, I hope. Thanks guys, Rob.

?

Quote by rob214 View Post
    Thanks, Steve. The holster is leather, the strap is the rubberized canvas. The strap didn't look so good when I got it, but I was able to fix that. Rob.
    Oops. Grandpa needs to put his bifocals on.

Nice pistols had one many years ago and they are quite accurate Midway Reloading Supplies in Missouri had ammo and empty brass for them and it was easy to afford to shoot it at one time Midway was the only company making reloadable brass for them. If I still had it I would follow Steve's advise and probably not shoot it. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2