Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Type 38 Arisaka

Article about: Hello folks. My first new acquisition in a while, and a pickup from the Military Odyssey show. I must admit, I am new to Japanese rifles, and to Japanese militaria in general. But I have a g

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    I like it!!! I have a Type 99 “last ditch rifle” that hasn’t been deactivated and I want to shoot it but do not want to possibly lose my hands lol. I love how the markings on your type 38 have not been graded off!!
    You can always take it to a gun smith to check it out. The type 99 is my favorite gun to shoot

Unless it was converted to a trainer or deactivated some point in its life the vast majority of Arisakas are still safe to shoot. Believe it or not the Arisaka was the strongest action of the bolt guns! The late war productions may not be the most accurate or prettiest to look at but they are strong. Having a gunsmith look her over is always a good choice!

If you are already aware of the type of ammunition used for this particular rifle, then I apologize, but if not particularly sure- it fires a 6.5 JAP. Working at a range, you come across many weapons, but unfortunately many are not allowed, because it’s an indoor facility. Once in a while we get a few special ones and in the last two months we have had two Type 38 Arisakas come through. Our ammo store happened to carry that particular round and I was lucky enough to shoot the five rounds. Both have not been fired for over 70 years, but they handled beautifully. The marking on top positively identifies them as Type 38. Other types have completely different characters and fire a totally different round. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2