Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Type I japanese carcano

Article about: does anyone own a type I japanese rifle? A fellow has one for sale and I am not all that interested, but if we can agree on a price and it looks as good as he says it does. He is asking 300.

Default Type I japanese carcano

does anyone own a type I japanese rifle? A fellow has one for sale and I am not all that interested, but if we can agree on a price and it looks as good as he says it does. He is asking 300.00, I did not even go look at it in march when he was asking 350.00, but the price seems to be getting better.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

If you are not all that interested, then why bother?

Good question Harry and no real answer I guess, maybe just for the history part of the rifle. The type I really go's unnoticed in the firearms field as just another carcano rifle, but they were only made for the Japanese for 1 year. The carcano is not well constructed as say a k98 or an m1 but it is apart of history. I can't afford a japanese partrooper rifle or a type 44 all matching and really not much room in the safe for anything else. The collecting addiction for anything rifles,daggers,medals,helmets, at first you were happy to just have anything.... Then well I "need" one for every type,maker... The list go's on. The japanese side of collecting is starting to get stronger,prices higher and the type I may not ever go for big money but the price could double in say 5plus years. I just wanted to know if others out there have one in their collections and what they thought of them and the asking price on this one.
    Marty

?

I didn't know there was a Japanese Carcano.

I thought they were Italian....shows you what I know, I guess...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

They are Italian but they made them for the JIN for that year. The Mum is not on the rifle.

Cool!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

This is all I know about these Carcano rifles.... G-man
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type I japanese carcano  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    ...The carcano is not well constructed as say a k98 or an m1....
    I may be committing a cardinal sin here and these are not near my favorite rifle (although I do have 4 or 5 of them), but the Carcano is unfortunately much maligned. Yes it is generally smaller size and yes underpowered (in the 6.5) and a bit crude in comparison to a K98 or M1, but a decent weapon.

If this truly is a Japanese Carcano and you can get it for a decent price, I think it's a nice piece of history.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    This is all I know about these Carcano rifles.... G-man
    G,

Cut down sporterized version. Stock should go near the end of the barrel
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Japanese type I

This is what the type I looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images Type I japanese carcano 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast