Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Type I japanese carcano

Article about: does anyone own a type I japanese rifle? A fellow has one for sale and I am not all that interested, but if we can agree on a price and it looks as good as he says it does. He is asking 300.

Default Pictures

Well I got the rifle 2 days ago, the man was set on the the price and I did not wheel and deal because I did not want this rifle to get away...Why you may ask...because of what was on the muzzle, a brass muzzle cover, those are hard to find. Well I guess there not hard to find if you have the money.
    The rifle is not in mint condition, the blue has rubbed off on the receiver in places, the barrel bluing looks good, the stock is in great shape, cleaning rod is there, the bolt is not blued I do not believe they were ever blued.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type I japanese carcano   Type I japanese carcano  

Type I japanese carcano   Type I japanese carcano  

Type I japanese carcano  
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 07-18-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Default More

A few more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type I japanese carcano   Type I japanese carcano  

Type I japanese carcano  

?

At that price, you did well.

And another thing; too bad everyone uses terms like "clunker" when describing the Carcano, it was a well made and durable military rifle that served the Italian Army well for over 60 years. Though it is sad that they are rarely credited for it, the Italians did some excellent, hard fighting, especially during WW1 and during their time on the Eastern Front during WW2 - no one should denigrate the Italian soldier or his equipment.

For excellent information on all Carcano rifles see:

Storia del fucile 91

Once there, click on "www. il 91.it" and it takes you in. Look on the left for the directory and click on the subjects to your heart's content, excellent photography with plenty of written information. For the Japanese Type I, click on "Fucille Type I Arisaka", you will find very fine information there on the rifles made by Italy for Japan.

Of course it is in Italian but if that causes difficulties, Google translate does a good job.

Thanks for the information, I am looking forward to reading it this evening. As I have looked over the rifle I am glad I added the type I to my collection.
    Marty

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Well ... the bolt is not blued I do not believe they were ever blued.
    Yes, the bolt was left in white.

MAP
    ?

USNV5,

Gotta bookmark that site. Agree with you. As I said earlier these were good rifles.not without there faults ( I hate at safety lol) but few rifles are.

Marty,

Good pickup.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Gwar,the pictures you supplied appear to be a cavalry model carcano missing its folding bayonet,alot harder to find than a standard carbine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3