Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Type38 arisaka rifle with mum

Article about: I picked up this type38 the other day and I will post more detailed photos when we finally get a sunny day around here. Ok my question in the first photo posted what is stamped the the side

Default Type38 arisaka rifle with mum

I picked up this type38 the other day and I will post more detailed photos when we finally get a sunny day around here. Ok my question in the first photo posted what is stamped the the side of the receiver? I do not believe it is a import mark that would be on the barrel and it would not have a mum. I posted other photos of the serial number and other marks. Sorry for the poor photos it is the best I could do tonight. Non matching numbers and I paid 175.00usd. Thank you for all the help. Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type38 arisaka rifle with mum   Type38 arisaka rifle with mum  

Type38 arisaka rifle with mum   Type38 arisaka rifle with mum  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

I have a few of these. Never seen this mark before. But then, I've never taken mine apart. Not sure if this is visible with the stock on. A few of the letters appear to be western but not entirely sure.

Sorry. But nice score for the price. Even if not matching.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

This appears to be one of the rifles taken out of service and sent to the Thai army,which was an ally of Japan....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I thought rifles sent to other country's would have a o stamped on the side or the mum would have been removed? Just a guess/thought. Marty

?

Look closely at the MUM and see if it is overstamped around the edges as is mine,also I believe the rifles with the 0 added to the serials were for school training use...Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type38 arisaka rifle with mum  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Only $175 what a bargain!.....

Default Pictures of mum

Another picture of the mum and marking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type38 arisaka rifle with mum   Type38 arisaka rifle with mum  

Type38 arisaka rifle with mum  

Also the rifle is a series 24, what year would that put this rifle 38-40... Maybe