Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

U.S. Civil War small arms.

Article about: mr. dirt thanks very much for your kind words...it is a very interesting collecting period....lots of interesting history...not just of Militaria. You have had the good fortune of having bee

?

Default Re: U.S. Civil War small arms.

Thanks David. Interesting shots. The blade looks rather wide on the standing shot, but does seem a light calv. Dude looks tough, no?

Regards

patrick
    ?

Awesome collection. I myself am looking for one piece you have 2 of. The 2 WM Muir Bayonets you have under the picture of that BEAUTIFUL Muir rifle. I am in need of 1. I would also like to see if you would be interested in selling your Muir and the other bayonet?
    I own my own safe and gun Company in Arizona and I have a HUGE interest in WM MUIR items. The funny thing is that WM Muir was my 5th Grandfather's Brother. I am Patrick Muir. No Joke. I am a Member of the Confederacy and the Union as well as the Revolutionary War. So, it means a great deal to me for the WM MUIR's weapons. If you know any one that has some, please pass my info red26@me.com. Or quote back.

Let me know Dave and send me an offer.

David:
    You have one of the nicest collections of Civil war things I have seen in a long time. It is something to be proud of owning. These items have increased in value quite a bit over the last few years. If you look at "my stuff" on the forum of my gun room/office you will see a Spencer rifle on my wall. It is my prize of my limited civil war items. Spencer went to the White House during the civil war and tried to sell his repeating Rifles to President Lincoln. Lincoln and Spencer went out to the White house lawn and shot one of these rifles. ( not mine of course) Since the rifle was so long many soldiers wanted the carbine. Lincoln was so impressed that he ordered some for the union army and the rest is history.
    Just some history of this fine rifle.
    Thanks for sharing,
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

An old thread but still beautiful weapons in excellent condition-bravo!

I Just had a re-read of this thread. Thanks everyone
    for sharing the history and pics of your
    fine pieces.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Awesome collection David.

?

Pomeroy 1830 Mass. converted to percussion for Civil War..... great pics from the past

Really nice collection of Civil War items love the pistols have never had the real ones just renactor Italian made copies. I agree impressive Civil War items ! timothy

seeing this,I have just realised what I thought was a French bayonet is a CW one.whoope.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4