Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Ud 42

Article about: Hi, I have had this one for some time but I am looking fore some info on it. This gun is very good to shoot and looks like it is well build, so I wonder why it was not made more of them? ( 1

Default Ud 42

Hi, I have had this one for some time but I am looking fore some info on it. This gun is very good to shoot and looks like it is well build, so I wonder why it was not made more of them? ( 15000) and i belive they was used by OSS personel. Did someone else use them ? Is it true that the US didn't want them because of the caliber?.
    Last edited by Das reich; 03-19-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Default Re: Ud 42

Hi Das,
    This smg was produced about 1/2 an hour from where I live.
    To quote Standard catolgue of Firearms by Peterson
    "Built By Marlin For the US military begining in 1942. Designed by Carl Swebilius, founder of High Standard.Well constructed of excellent materials........chambered for 9mm......It seems that the majority were built to be sold to the Netherlands during WWII but because of the war they could not be delivered, so most were shipped to the American OSS for use in Europe and the Far East.These guns saw a lot of action during the War."
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Jason

Default Re: Ud 42

hi thanks . do you know if there is many of them still around? and do you know why all of them have 2 different serial numbers?