Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

UK trader sites

Article about: do u know any UK trader sites, i found US one (The Trader - WTS and WTT listing board - Gunboard's Forums) but i don;t know about shiping from states, i guess there are some problems or it i

gregocelt
    ?

Default UK trader sites

do u know any UK trader sites, i found US one (The Trader - WTS and WTT listing board - Gunboard's Forums) but i don;t know about shiping from states, i guess there are some problems or it is not allowed or someting
    Greg

Default Re: UK trader sites

Hi Greg, sorry I don't know of a similar list.

To be safe do not try to buy anything firearm related from outside of the UK. Some things are allowed, but barrels, bolts etc are not.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Greg, sorry I don't know of a similar list.

To be safe do not try to buy anything firearm related from outside of the UK. Some things are allowed, but barrels, bolts etc are not.

Cheers, Ade.
    Presumably, this works the same for posting out of the Uk? I have a deactivated Tokarev pistol I'm selling, so far restricting it to UK buyers only, but a friend from the Netherlands is interested... I don't want to send anywhere there's risk though. I have absolutely no idea what the European laws are either.

Do NOT sell to anyone abroad and especially to Holland. Their laws are very strict indeed and a licence is need for many types of deacts.

Buying/Selling deacts internationally is not a casual transaction. You need to ensure that the letter of the Law is followed or it will all in end tears for everyone.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Do NOT sell to anyone abroad and especially to Holland. Their laws are very strict indeed and a licence is need for many types of deacts.

Buying/Selling deacts internationally is not a casual transaction. You need to ensure that the letter of the Law is followed or it will all in end tears for everyone.

Cheers, Ade.
    I thought as much, thanks for the clarification.

this is complicated, can i buy bakelite grips for an mg 81 outside the uk, or a relic cooling jacket and relic sites???

Quote by gibba1008 View Post
    this is complicated, can i buy bakelite grips for an mg 81 outside the uk, or a relic cooling jacket and relic sites???
    From what I've learned, the grips would be ok, but it gets risky with the sort of things you mentioned. I've seen a ground-dug Luger that was completely corroded, dented and seized up that had to be officially deactivated before being legal to own here in the UK- so I assume those parts you mentioned could also still be considered legally as 'functional'. I'm new to this though, as you can see. I'd go with Ade on whatever he advises.

Grips are OK. A relic cooling jacket only would be OK too. But even relic condition bolts, barrels, firing pins etc would not be allowed. Complete relics are not OK to import: they would need to be bought within the UK with a UK deact cert.

Cheers, Ade.